WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

1.5 using my profile info on comments- how to change? (7 posts)

1. lokjah
    Posted 9 years ago #

Ive come across something today that i didnt notice in earlier builds.

when I comment on my own blog it now uses the email and username that I have in my blog profile.

I dont want it to do this, as I have one email i want to be contacted about for my blog and then I have a different email for my gravatar that I use to post on my site with. How do I change this?

2. Kafkaesqui

Posted 9 years ago #

It's in wp-comments-post.php. Look for this section:

// If the user is logged in
    get_currentuserinfo();
    if ( $user_ID ) :
    $comment_author = addslashes($user_identity);
    $comment_author_email = addslashes($user_email);
    $comment_author_url = addslashes(str_replace('http://', '', $user_url));
    else :
    if ( get_option('comment_registration') )
    die( __('Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment.') );
    endif;

Edit it down to this:

if ( get_option('comment_registration') )
    die( __('Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment.') );

3. lokjah
    Posted 9 years ago #

excellent thank you very much Kafkaesqui

lok

4. Michael Adams (mdawaffe)
    Posted 9 years ago #

Ah! Enlightenment. This is the first time I've heard that this issue really matters, as opposed to a "mere" question of taste.

Gravatars. Makes perfect sense.

I'm not trolling here, it's just that this issue actually does affect functionality in this case, rather than "just" behind the scenes aesthetics.

Thanks!

5. Kafkaesqui

Posted 9 years ago #

For me it's feature updates like this that bring to a head the debate on what really belongs in the core source of WordPress. One user's improved functionality is another's headache, and how much Tylenol we're willing to hand out is a key to deciding each new addition.

6. Michael Adams (mdawaffe)
    Posted 9 years ago #

If it's not going to be an option, I suppose it'd be nice if this were a function removable from whichever commenting action by a plugin.

7. nshannon
    Posted 9 years ago #

Hi - I have a *somewhat* similar dilemma if I could get some help...

http://www.thecryer.net/blog/?p=7#comments

I'm still in the testing phase of my new site, and I just figured out how to post video using Flashifier. Problem is, now when I go to the comments section, and rollover my name, an image of the video flashes at the top of the page (you have to be scrolled to the top to see it).

Is there any way to disable the 'website' field in the profile entirely? The fix mentioned above does not work without making me logout before proceeding. I'd rather NOT have a link associated with my name at all (and removing that remnant rollover would be nice too). Everytime I try and remove it, it puts it back in.

Thanks,
    Nikki

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.