WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

1.5 upgrade problem (8 posts)

1. bmirage
    Posted 9 years ago #

I tried to upgrade, and I followed all the instructions exactly as written but /wp-admin/upgrade.php will not run, it wont even show up on my browser.does this mean i uploaded something wrong?

2. oriecat
    Posted 9 years ago #

what does it say? file not found? then make sure you uploaded all of the files.

3. bmirage
    Posted 9 years ago #

this page cannot be found.same thing I assume?

I did upload every single file

4. vkaryl
    Posted 9 years ago #

Are all the files you uploaded in the exact folders as when you unzipped the distro?

5. oriecat
    Posted 9 years ago #

Were they uploaded in the correct directory structure? there should be 4 folders plus files inthe root.

6. bmirage
    Posted 9 years ago #

yes 4 folders, and other files in the root folder, but all i still get is page not found

7. bmirage
    Posted 9 years ago #

ok well I managed to get that fixed, but was unable to log in to admin, I just get this:

Warning: main(/home/.achromic/bmirage/bmirage.lordofthepings.net/blog//wp-admin/menu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.achromic/bmirage/bmirage.lordofthepings.net/blog/wp-admin/admin.php on line 39

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/.achromic/bmirage/bmirage.lordofthepings.net/blog//wp-admin/menu.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.achromic/bmirage/bmirage.lordofthepings.net/blog/wp-admin/admin.php on line 39

8. James
    Happiness Engineer
    Posted 9 years ago #

It's looking for the file here: /home/.achromic/bmirage/bmirage.lordofthepings.net/blog//wp-admin/menu.php and the file won't be there because of the double slash after "blog". If you have phpmyadmin, you'll have to fix your siteurl or home value.

http://www.tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/site-url/

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.