WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

1.5 to 1.5.1.2 upgrade error (6 posts)

1. Ali-butt
    Posted 9 years ago #

Hello there,
    I am trying to upgrade my 1.5 installation to the above version. I have read the very lengthy and informative guide by podz but i cant see this error mentioned.

i have followed the guide step by step but after i click the upgrade button, i get this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wordpress\wp-admin\upgrade-functions.php on line 316

I have remove BaStats and also markdown(i read that it may cause problems), but this has not helped.

Appreciate some advise.
    Thanks in advance
    Ali

2. Your host appears to be preventing PHP scripts from running longer than 30 seconds. And, under certain server conditions, the upgrade script may require more than 30 seconds to run. I suggest contacting your host's support department and asking them to raise to limit.

3. Ali-butt
    Posted 9 years ago #

Hi there,

The host is my server upstairs :)

Im running II6 win2k3 with php4 ....

Can i change the settings myself?

Thanks
    Ali

4. Yes, you can, but I don't know how to.

5. Ali-butt
    Posted 9 years ago #

Does anyone know how i can change the timeout on windows2003?

I understand that its a setting in the php.ini file but i am not sure which setting it is or which file as that file exists in multiple locations.

Thanks

6. vkaryl
    Posted 9 years ago #

Have you tried a search with one of the major search engines for server timeout on win2003? There's probably a bunch of wugnets out there with info on this.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.