WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

1.5 Default Theme Problem (4 posts)

1. LindaB
    Posted 9 years ago #

Okay, I give up! I've modified the sidebar.php file to add Adsense and some links to the sidebar. The front page looks great, just the way I want it. So what's with the category archive, month archive, and permalink pages? The category and month archive pages only show part of the sidebar.

The category and month archives are missing the monthly archive section, Adsense, and Meta information.

The permalink page is totally missing a sidebar at all.

So what the heck do I modify or fix to get those pages to show the exact same sidebar as the front page of the blog?

Linda

2. Lorelle
    Posted 9 years ago #

What theme are you using? The category and archives may call up their own pages and not include the sidebar as part of their layout. It depends upon the Theme.

Check the notes from the Theme's author and look in the category.php, archive.php, and other such files to see if it lists an "include" statement for the sidebar.

3. LindaB
    Posted 9 years ago #

This is the default theme for 1.5. The archive.php has the following:

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

Shouldn't that bring up the sidebar within the sidebar.php file? If so, why is half of it missing?

There is no category.php within the theme folder. And I can't figure out which file is for the permalink file.

4. The category pages run off of the combination of archive.php and archives.php, just like the archives. What you want to do is add <?php get_sidebar(); ?> to archives.php. Also, "permalinks" refer to the actual links, but "single post" or "post page" is what I believe you're after. That file is single.php. You'll want to add <?php get_sidebar(); ?> to it as well.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.