Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • the same thing happened to me as well. I’m guessing you’re using your own template from 1.2 and bringing it to 1.5. I did the same thing and had the same problem, so I copied the comments.php and comments-popup.php from the classic theme over to my own theme and that solved the problem.

Thread Starter philpeeps

(@philpeeps)

thanks! worked great! I can’t wait till I have some time to convert fully….

The same thing is happening to me. I just upgraded to 1.5 last night and since then there’s no way to leave a comment. I, too, have checked the “Allow people to post comments on the article”.

Before I try the above solution, I’d like to know WHY it solves the problem, and is it the best solution? I’ve made a few changes to my previous version of comments.php (which I’ve verified is the name of the file), so if I can avoid copying changes over to another file, that would be great.

I’m having the same issues, but I’m still really confused about what I need to do. Can someone please try to explain it for me one more time. πŸ™‚

Have you changed the name of your old wp-comments.php to comments.php for the new theme structure?

Yes, I have.

And did you update for this?

<?php comments_template(); ?>

Not sure what you mean. I probably did, but where exactly is that change, and I’ll go and check.

Depends on the files in your theme. In mine, it’s in a single.php file. If you simply made some changes to your old 1.2 template, it might be inside index.php.

Oh yes, I see it now. The instructions said to change that in my index.php. So yes, that line is in there.

How about a link to your site?

http://www.familywebwatch.com/blog

Thanks for helping. πŸ™‚

If I look at the source of a single post page I see this….

<!-- B4 upgrade
    <b>Warning</b>: main(/hsphere/local/home/galen5/familywebwatch.com/blog/wp-comments.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/hsphere/local/home/galen5/familywebwatch.com/blog/wp-content/themes/Carrots/index.php</b> on line <b>182</b>

<b>Warning</b>: main(/hsphere/local/home/galen5/familywebwatch.com/blog/wp-comments.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/hsphere/local/home/galen5/familywebwatch.com/blog/wp-content/themes/Carrots/index.php</b> on line <b>182</b>

<b>Warning</b>: main(): Failed opening "/hsphere/local/home/galen5/familywebwatch.com/blog/wp-comments.php" for inclusion (include_path=".:/usr/local/lib/php") in <b>/hsphere/local/home/galen5/familywebwatch.com/blog/wp-content/themes/Carrots/index.php</b> on line <b>182</b>
    -->

Something is still looking for wp-comments.php.

Maybe you could post the actual PHP code from your file here and post back with the link to it.

Odd. Here’s the code to my index.php.

Try changing all calls in the file from $single to is_single()

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • The topic ‘[1.5] Comments not showing when viewing single post’ is closed to new replies.