WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[1.5] comment-popup question (3 posts)

1. katootje
    Posted 9 years ago #

I have just installed WP1.5 and it's almost working. In b2 we had a comment popup, and after posting a comment, you stay in de pop-up screen that is showing your new comment and the oppertunity to post another comment or close the window.
    In wp 1.5 when i want to post a comment I get the popup window, but after posting the comment wp is trying to load the complete page in the popup window and my comment is not posted.
    I had the same problem in 1.2 and there was a fix for it. I had to alter the lines for $location in the comment-post.php file. This is not working in wp 1.5.
    Can someone tell me what to change where to get it working again like it was working in B2. The message I get after changing the $location line is :

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in c:\domains\JeannesWeblog.nl\wwwroot\wordpress\wp-content\themes\jeannes-weblog\comments-popup.php on line 4

I'm pretty blond in this kind of things so if someone can help me out, thanx

Karin

2. Did you activate popup comments by following these instructions?
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Answers-Configuration#Enable_Popup_comments

3. katootje
    Posted 9 years ago #

yes, getting the popup is not the problem, getting back properly in the popup after submitting the comment is the problem. I got this sort of triggered in wp1.2, but that isn't working in 1.5.
    In the b2 log - you just come back in the popupwindow, your comment is added and you have the choise of adding another comment or close the window. The weblogwindow stays open in the background.
    (sorry for my english, I'm not a native english speaker)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.