WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[1.5] Check past comments against moderation list? (6 posts)

1. autumnqiu
    Posted 9 years ago #

There is this function called "Check past comments against moderation list" under the "Comment Moderation" box in Options >> Discussion.

But when I clicked on it, I see lines and lines of the same error:
    "Warning: strpos(): Empty delimiter. in /home/little/public_html/inkspill/wp-includes/classes.php on line 691"

I haven't touched that file at all. Is this a bug? or is this fix-able? :) Thankies!

-Brenda

2. Check your blacklist for blank lines or / characters.

3. autumnqiu
    Posted 9 years ago #

My blacklist is empty, and I have already checked my moderation list. :)

4. autumnqiu
    Posted 9 years ago #

EDITS: Oh, there was a blank line that I overlooked. Now its fine.

But another problem has cropped up. Apparently, all new comments are going into moderation automatically despite me putting the following settings in Discussion options.

Before a comment appears:
    [ ] An administrator must approve the comment (regardless of any matches below)
    [*] Comment author must fill out name and e-mail
    [ ] Comment author must have a previously approved comment

Why is this so? :o

5. Double-check your Comment Moderation blacklists for blank lines and / characters, and check for single punctuation marks or single letters.

6. DavidA
    Posted 8 years ago #

I have a slightly different problem.

Because the number of comments on my blog is so huge, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/misha/public_html/2004/wp-includes/classes.php on line 710

I just moved this stuff over from an MT installation and I know there are hundreds of SPAM (possibly thousands)

How do I increase the amount of time given to searching all of these comments? Thirty seconds just isn't going to do it -- I am guessing maybe five minutes might do it.

It only has to be temporary.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.