Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

* Added feature to limit the number of emails processed
    * Fixed bug where #img# was not processing the caption correctly

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/postie/

2. Strictly Software
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi Wayne

Since moving to the latest plugin I have found that my HTML posts are not fully going on to the site e.g they are being cut off at the first HTML encoded symbol.

I have run a quick .NET console test that sends the message to my site that starts like so:

<p><strong>Yesterdays members had access to 182 tips across 26 different systems.</strong></p><p>The best system available yesterday was <strong>"System LAY 193"</strong> and you would have <strong>won +&pound;12.00</strong> by betting &pound;2.00 stakes (Betfair minimum) on the tips in this system alone.</p>

However when I run Postie manually or just let it run automatically all that appears in the post is

<strong>Yesterdays members had access to 182 tips across 26 different systems.</strong>

The best system available yesterday was <strong>"System LAY 193"</strong> and you would have <strong>won +</strong>

So it's stopping at the first HTML encoded £ sign although it puts the ending strong tag around it for some reason.

If I run it from the Postie controller I can see the post but there are = signs being added to the output (I just put a print $email; on line 44 of get_mail.php to output the full mail.

This is what gets outputted.

Yesterdays members had access to 182 tips across 26 different= systems.

The best system available yesterday was "System= LAY 193" and you would have won +£12.00= by betting £2.00 stakes (Betfair minimum) on the tips in this system= alone.

Notice the = signs?

I have set Preferred Text Type and Allow HTML in Body to both be HTML.

I am going to revert back to the previous version that was working for me as I post a lot of automatic posts to my site with the plugin so I need them all to be working.

If you need any further info on this bug let me know.

Thanks

Rob

3. Wayne Allen
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Can you send a sample to postie-test@devzing.com

4. Wayne Allen
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Thanks for the bug report. I've found the issue and will release a fix shortly.

5. Strictly Software
    Posted 1 year ago #

Sorry I couldn't send you a test post but with Christmas I haven't had time to check my emails etc

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.