Support » Plugin: Download Monitor » 1.4.1 Warnings …

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plugin Contributor Mike Jolley (a11n)

(@mikejolley)

I’ve found the cause; patching in 1.4.2

Thread Starter mapdi

(@mapdi)

Thanks, but there seems to be still an issue. I still get the following warnings:

Warning: hash_file() [function.hash-file]: Filename cannot be empty in /var/www/www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download-monitor.php on line 629

Warning: hash_file() [function.hash-file]: Filename cannot be empty in /var/www/www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download-monitor.php on line 630

Warning: hash_file() [function.hash-file]: Filename cannot be empty in /var/www/www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download-monitor.php on line 631

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download-monitor.php:629) in /var/www/www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/includes/class-dlm-download-handler.php on line 180

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download-monitor.php:629) in /var/www/www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/includes/class-dlm-download-handler.php on line 190

Warning: hash_file() [function.hash-file]: Filename cannot be empty in /var/www/www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download-monitor.php on line 629

Warning: hash_file() [function.hash-file]: Filename cannot be empty in /var/www/www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download-monitor.php on line 630

Warning: hash_file() [function.hash-file]: Filename cannot be empty in /var/www/www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download-monitor.php on line 631

Rolled back to Version 1.3.2 again.

same problem please reply, it works fine on localhost but shows so many warning on live site

I’ve found the cause; patching in 1.4.2

I’ve checked the Changelog for that, but I’m not sure if just the bug is patched or also the bugs it caused?

Because if I upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.4.2 directly everything works fine, but if I upgrade step by step from 1.3.2 to 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 I get these PHP Warnings…

What does the “Fix for site_url -> abspath” exactly do? Does ist any permission change or something else that could lead to these warnings?

And what about “the hash functions”? Are they written in the database?

I have the same issue as mapdi, downgrading to 1.40 fixed this.

Thread Starter mapdi

(@mapdi)

@johan van der Wijk
    Look in your Media Library and compare it with the downloads which outputs the warnings. In my case all of the downloads were not listed anymore in my Media Library. Maybe this affected the problem during updating to the newest Version. This worked for me …

The problems is still present on 1.4.2. The only version I can use that doesn’t show error or warnings when clicking download links is 1.3.2.

My context: I have manual entries for all the download files in my site so I don’t use the upload function (I upload my files via FTP) of this plugin.

Can the author please look into this?

I get these messages in the back-end. Only for some files though. Some of the time they occur on days where we have uploaded a lot of files if that is any help.

Warning: hash_file(/wp/wp-content/uploads/ASDF.pdf) [function.hash-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/example/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download-monitor.php on line 629

Warning: hash_file(/wp/wp-content/uploads/ASDF.pdf) [function.hash-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/example/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download-monitor.php on line 630

Warning: hash_file(/wp/wp-content/uploads/ASDF.pdf) [function.hash-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/example/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download-monitor.php on line 631

The errors always come in three at a time, with those three line numbers.

I had the File URL as /wp/wp-content/uploads/ASDF.pdf

BUT it works when I used

http://www.example.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/ASDF.pdf

ALSO works when using:

/home4/example/public_html/wp/wp-content/uploads/ASDF.pdf

So what is the best format to use?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘1.4.1 Warnings …’ is closed to new replies.