• Resolved astereo

(@astereo)

Hi Boone,
    Just upgraded to 1.3 and it appears the BP 1.7 template layer seems to be overriding doc template files which are copied over to the current theme. I had files customized and within the active child theme (/docs), but they are now not utilized (instead Docs seems to be hooking into the_content in a standard page template, as expected with BP 1.7)

Just pointing this out.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-docs/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Boone Gorges

(@boonebgorges)

Thanks for the report, astereo.

This is not a bug, it’s by design. I didn’t want to encourage people to override top-level templates in the same way that they had to in earlier versions. However, for your use case – where you’ve already got templates that you’re happy with – I did include a filter that can be used to override this behavior. Drop the following into your functions.php:

add_filter( 'bp_docs_do_theme_compat', '__return_false' );

That should prevent BP theme compat from kicking in for top-level templates. Please let me know if this works for you!

Thread Starter astereo

(@astereo)

Was just about to post that I saw the note in the theme-bridge file. Thanks for hoping right on it and beating me to it though 🙂

thanks for the version update as well!

Plugin Author Boone Gorges

(@boonebgorges)

Thanks for doing cool things with the plugin 🙂 I’m always glad to hear that people are making use of fancy stuff like custom template locations!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘1.3 Template Bug’ is closed to new replies.