WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

BuddyPress Docs
[resolved] 1.3 Template Bug (4 posts)

1. astereo
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi Boone,
    Just upgraded to 1.3 and it appears the BP 1.7 template layer seems to be overriding doc template files which are copied over to the current theme. I had files customized and within the active child theme (/docs), but they are now not utilized (instead Docs seems to be hooking into the_content in a standard page template, as expected with BP 1.7)

Just pointing this out.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-docs/

2. Boone Gorges
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Thanks for the report, astereo.

This is not a bug, it's by design. I didn't want to encourage people to override top-level templates in the same way that they had to in earlier versions. However, for your use case - where you've already got templates that you're happy with - I did include a filter that can be used to override this behavior. Drop the following into your functions.php:

add_filter( 'bp_docs_do_theme_compat', '__return_false' );

That should prevent BP theme compat from kicking in for top-level templates. Please let me know if this works for you!

3. astereo
    Posted 1 year ago #

Was just about to post that I saw the note in the theme-bridge file. Thanks for hoping right on it and beating me to it though :)

thanks for the version update as well!

4. Boone Gorges
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Thanks for doing cool things with the plugin :) I'm always glad to hear that people are making use of fancy stuff like custom template locations!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic