WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

1.3 probs...no login, edit...only view without css (6 posts)

1. rafleet
    Posted 9 years ago #

My 1.3 install, using the Mars style package has been working fine for months...now, the past few days I've had major problems.

A) only view of blog is in unstyled mode...no css applied...
    B) can't log in, or moderate comments
    C) all files seem to be in place, and dir permissions are ok
    D) doesn't look like it was hacked...but not sure what is broke...

Any ideas or suggestions on where to start looking, before doing a full remove/reinstall?

Thanks for any feedback...

http://www.survivalring.org/wordpress

is the address of my wordpress install.

Rich

2. v1.3 is an alpha release (that's pre-beta). I highly suggest that you upgrade to v1.5.

3. NuclearMoose
    Posted 9 years ago #

Um, where did you get version 1.3? Did you actually mean 1.5?

4. As for you problem, it looks like your siteurl and home values were reset. Again, upgrading to v1.5 will prevent this. To correct the values, see "change 'site_url' and 'home' values" here: http://www.tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/

5. NuclearMoose
    Posted 9 years ago #

Rafleet,

Look at your wp-layout.css file. You've turned it into a full-blown HTML page somehow. Fix that, and your CSS will apply properly.

6. rafleet
    Posted 9 years ago #

ok...I've been running 1.3a alpha here, but have installed 1.5 numerous times on other sites....just haven't had time to do the upgrade.

But, even MORE strange....I posted this report, after not getting in again to my blog in question, then go to login, and it WORKS..again...

I tried getting in all weekend, from numerous computers and networks...all gave the same display I report in this original post...but, now it works..

Stranger and stranger...but, thanks for checking in...all ok now...

Thought it might be the PHP install on my host, but the forums there report no issues from any of the thousands of other customers on that system...

Back to work now I suppose...

Thanks all, for a GREAT tool... I really do love it...

Rich

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.