• Hi. I had great success with the plugin until the latest update to 1.2.1. I’m running the latest version of WP (3.8.1) and have not added any new plugins since the upgrade to the latest version of WP or 14 Extended.

But after upgrading to 1.2.1, the site’s layout broke into a messy column about 400 pixels wide on all devices (laptop, iPad and iPhone). The best way to describe the problem without a screenshot is to say that the content is being squeezed into this narrow column. All the content is there, but it’s a disjointed, line-broken column.

My plugins:
    Akismet, Alpine PhotTile for Instagram, Alpine PhotoTile for Pinterest, Google Analytics, Google XML Sitemaps, Jetpack, NextGEN Gallery by Photocrati, nrelate Related Content, Regenerate Thumbnails, Responsive Lightbox, Social Media Widget, Tweet Old Post, VaultPress and WordTwit Twitter Plugin.

I also have Google AdSense ads running in the Primary and Secondary sidebars.

Again… All of the plugins were already installed (with latest versions) and running prior to the upgrade to 1.2.1. The ads were running fine prior to the upgrade, too.

Many thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

georgehahn.com

https://wordpress.org/plugins/fourteen-extended/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Brian Harris

(@zgani)

Hello George,

First of all I’m sorry to hear that and thank you for the detailed report. I’ll run the test with the mentioned plugins to see if there is any conflict there as I’ve not had any similar reports from other users.

In the meantime if you still wish to continue using the plugin I’d recommend firstly grabbing v1.2.0 here: http://wordpress.org/plugins /fourteen-extended/developers/

And before activating it I suggest renaming it to something like Fourteen Ext GH so it becomes your personal copy and it will stop the update nag till I can resolve the issue in v1.2.1 – will advise here on the thread of progress.

Hope that helps for now and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible with a resolution or any suggestions I may have.

Regards,
    Zulf

Thread Starter George Hahn

(@ghx)

Zulf,

Thanks so much for your excellent and prompt response. I will follow your prescription.

You should teach a master class on how to develop, implement and run support for plugins. Your work and support are superlative. Keep it up!

Gratefully,
    George

Hi There

We currently have a number of plugins, and rather bizarrely one of them seems to reset our permissions.

Twitter Facebook Social Share Version 2.4.0

Main Image.jpg” has failed to upload due to an error
    Unable to create directory /var/www/vhosts/indumenti.se/httpdocs/blog/wp-content/uploads//2014/04. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

The fix is easy enough, but frustrating nontheless. Any Ideas?

indumenti.se

Plugin Author Brian Harris

(@zgani)

@indumenti.se – how’s your query related to this plugin exactly?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘1.2.1 is breaking my layout’ is closed to new replies.