WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

120'000 posts, 218'000 tags (3 posts)

1. DrLightman
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hi guys, I have this blog with that amount of data running on a dedicated server. It was the merge of about one hudred of blogs, this is the reason of those high numbers, tags especially.

Among the plugins I have WP Super Cache, and I think it's doing its job fine.

While monitoring MySQL slow queries and system memory, I find that under certain circumstances the consumed ram grows until it fills all the available memory, at this point what happens is epic, "Error estabilishing an error connection" from the frontend and backend, queries that took 100+ seconds to complete and reboot is needed.

An example of a slow query is:

# Query_time: 194  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 1  Rows_examined: 50238
    SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS  wp_posts.*
    FROM wp_posts
    INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships ON (wp_posts.ID = wp_term_relationships.object_id)
    WHERE 1=1
    AND ( wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (7,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37) )
    AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
    AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish')
    GROUP BY wp_posts.ID
    ORDER BY wp_posts.post_date DESC
    LIMIT 0, 1;

Now I'm going to upgrade the system with 4GB more of ram, I hope 8GB will be enough, but what it concerns me is if teorethically WordPress can handle so many posts and tags.

2. RichardWPG
    Posted 2 years ago #

WordPress definitely can handle all those posts and tags. You just need to ask your hosting provider for solutions and I am sure they will be able to assist you.

3. DrLightman
    Posted 2 years ago #

With 8GB instead of 4GB no sign of crashes, memory consumption varies from 4GB to 6GB for now.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic