WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

1.2-RC1 and translation problems (14 posts)

1. pankaj
    Posted 10 years ago #

Xavier
    You are the man. I am working on the hindi translation and it happens the same way with me too. With WPLANG setting in only wp-config.php only the Links screen works and nothing else. But the moment I put the $locale=hi in wp-l10n.php everything works fine. Thanks for the hint.
    But it still is a bug. Would someone be nice enough to look at it.
    Pankaj

2. Xavier Borderie
    Posted 10 years ago #

Don't thank me, thank Eke :)
    http://wordpress.org/support/6/4685

3. Matt Mullenweg
    Troublemaker
    Posted 10 years ago #

I'm guessing there's an unmatched anchor tag in the translation file.

4. Ryan Boren
    WordPress Dev
    Posted 10 years ago #

I'm working on the WPLANG problem. I'll publish a new POT file real soon now.

5. Ryan Boren
    WordPress Dev
    Posted 10 years ago #

POT file updated. I changed wp-blog-header.php so that wp-l10n.php is included after wp-config.php. This means that the "There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file" error at the top of the blog header cannot be translated.

6. pankaj
    Posted 10 years ago #

I have also updated the pot file for the Hindi Translation. I am consistently getting a fatal error when I save the pot file using windows version. Here is the log
    16:33:57: G:\hindi\wp-l10n\hi-with-error.po:1232: 'msgstr' is not a valid PHP format string, unlike 'msgid'.
    Reason: The character that terminates the directive number 1 is not a valid conversion specifier.
    16:33:57: msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
    Is this okay, as I am able to use the file on my development install. Thanks
    Pankaj

7. pankaj
    Posted 10 years ago #

I upgraded to nightly of 05/14 and I still have to hard code hi into wp-l10n.php. Were you guys able to get it working without hard-coding.
    Pankaj

8. Ryan Boren
    WordPress Dev
    Posted 10 years ago #

The conversion specifier error is safe to ignore. WPLANG is fixed. Get the next nightly.

9. Xavier Borderie
    Posted 10 years ago #

Update about the link overlap problem : solved!
    Grrr, I thought about it while falling asleep : maybe poEdit is keeping the older version in the file. So instead of finding the string by typing "trackback" in poEdit, I did in NotePad, and found out that there are two instances of the "Trackback an URI (separate...)" string : one in simple edit mode, one in advanced.
    As my settings where on "When starting a post, show: advanced", I set it back to simple, and there you go : it works. The problem resides in the advanced part.
    And that's where I understood : while the simple edit mode uses one string, the advanced mode uses two, "Trackback an URI" and "(separate...)". Of course I couldn't find the second string, as I was looking for a link in a string containing both Trackback and an Href...
    Well, in the end, you were right Allusion : there was a missing closing tag at the end of the second "(separate...)" string.
    Now I'm gonna find a hat and eat it. And update to the latest nightly.
    Thanks for listening.

10. Xavier Borderie
    Posted 10 years ago #

rboren : update to wordpress-2004-05-14, still have to manually set $locale to 'fr' in wp-l10n.php...
    "define ('WPLANG', 'fr');" in wp-config.php doesn't seem to be enough...

11. eke
    Posted 10 years ago #

yep. if you search for my posts on translation, they are all still valid. i will not repeat posting them since I guess you are (or should) be aware of the bugs/missing translation strings by now ;)
    cheers
    EKE.

12. fatherofpip
    Posted 10 years ago #

Same situation for the Swedish trans.
    Though the number of elements translated that were previously hidden has been reduced. Will work on the latest .pot soon.
    sv_SE is the language/country code placed in WPLANG, works when substituted for en_US in wp-l10n.php.
    That's a clean install of 1.2 rc1 and and upgrade to 05-14.

13. Ryan Boren
    WordPress Dev
    Posted 10 years ago #

marvin, problem fixed and POT file updated.

14. marvin
    Posted 10 years ago #

Thank you!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.