WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

1.2 Now Available (24 posts)

1. Matt Mullenweg
    Troublemaker
    Posted 10 years ago #

1.2 is now officially out. Dev blog post coming soon.

2. OperaManiac
    Posted 10 years ago #

whoa! first post...
    damn, i have lot of work to do...

3. randybrown
    Posted 10 years ago #

"Mingus", eh? Which tune were you listening to when you released 1.2 F? ;-)
    <rb>

4. eke
    Posted 10 years ago #

the "draft saving" has been there ever since I started to monitor WP. At one point I can recall that I was told that it is not regarded as "bug" or "glitch".
    shrug.
    I still think that a simple check on empty fields before saving an empty post wouldn't take too much effort.
    when testing new releases I easily get up to 20 saved drafts, empty ones. Now why would I want those saved??
    Beats me.
    eke.

5. NuclearMoose
    Posted 10 years ago #

eke,
    Maybe you don't want to save DRAFT posts, but I would guess that most people do. Why would you expect WP to "understand" the difference between a DRAFT you want to keep and a DRAFT you want to erase? That's your decision.

6. OperaManiac
    Posted 10 years ago #

then why is there save button :)

7. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

Well hell. I just want to offer my congratulations to everyone who's put time and effort into this release. You've done some excellent work. I commend you.

8. quasistoic
    Posted 10 years ago #

that last anon post was me. forgot to log in

9. Nick Momrik
    Posted 10 years ago #

Great job on 1.2 guys!!

10. shelleyp
    Posted 10 years ago #

Congratulations guys. I imagine this will be a feverish week this week. I'm already translating my hacks into plugins--really like that plugin architecture--shopping among others plugins, and making my hacks.
    Couple of things: I imagine the focus now is on bug fixes and documentation, especially on the developer side (plugin) before starting new features. Where would you recommend we record bugs we find in 1.2? A separate topic for each? That gets kind of messy. Is there a thread we can start somewhere and make it sticky?
    In regards to bug releases, is there a way we can make sticky the link to the changelog so people can see what files are changed with each bug release?
    Also on the plugins -- anyone can do a plugin and add to the list; but is there anyway of knowing which plugin has been 'vetted' by the development team? So we have more confidence in using? Heck, I'd even like my plugins vetted to make sure I'm using the tools most effectively.
    Again, good job!

11. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

A misnomer, perhaps, but quite intended. You can change the default to simple or advanced for editing mode in the options.

12. OperaManiac
    Posted 10 years ago #

why do i require referrer logging for some features to work?

13. phidauex
    Posted 10 years ago #

Great job guys, this project is really starting to impress me. :) I've been running a test installation with an import of my hundreds of MT entries, and have been very pleased so far!
    Would it be possible to release an 'upgrade' package that doesn't include an index.php, wp-comments.php, wp-styles.css, etc. files that people are generally expected to edit and make their own? That way it would be easier to upgrade, just untar the package and go, instead of untaring somewhere else, deleting some files, moving stuff around, etc. The fact that, by default, the package untars to wordpress/ means that if you are untaring in your public root, then all the files in wordpress/ will get overwritten automatically. That could be awfully traumatic, and I could easily see myself making such a mistake.
    If there is already a better solution, then please let me know!
    peace,
    sam

14. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

I love that name of Mingus :) Good idea for naming a version of wp.
    Isn't it uncle charlie ?

15. phidauex
    Posted 10 years ago #

WP Ah Um.

16. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

Great work guys! Congrats on Mingus!

17. Matt Mullenweg
    Troublemaker
    Posted 10 years ago #

Sushubh, for security.
    Phidauex, ha! And usually what I do is just delete index.php (the only file I ever really modify) before uploading everything.

18. Root
    Posted 10 years ago #

Thanks for the 1.2 release. Do you guys ever sleep?

19. Beel
    Posted 10 years ago #

I'll just stick this here: It would be nice if Edit|Posts|Show Month returned all the posts for that month (or posts paged) and not just 5 (or whatever is set in Options|Reading|Front Page

20. Lisa
    Posted 10 years ago #

Thank you so much for putting in the option of having all the blog scripts running in a separate folder from the main index! It works like a charm.
    Thanks to everyone for their hard work!!

21. christoph
    Posted 10 years ago #

I second the request by Beel, looks like a bug to me, or am i missing something? I don't see any way to edit posts older than your "posts paged"-setting for a given month (except for searching for them, but this can't be intended behavior).

22. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

I second the request by Beel, TOO! I am now modifying categories and need manual checking for each post's category. Showing only 5 posts of the months really gave me an headache(and that's why I found it here)...

23. anatman
    Posted 10 years ago #

I think that's a bug - my front page has only 4 posts showing, as selected, but my edit page for the month of feb/04 shows all 6 posts that were published in that month.

24. aeryn
    Posted 10 years ago #

Nice upgrade, though! I'm still working on adding and/or modifying hacks for 1.2.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.