• wordenabode

(@wordenabode)

I had a good page title but SEO said it was too long. After I “fixed” it, now the page title shows a ” 1/2 ” in it. It seems to be part of the site title that I’ve typed in, because if I delete the tagline entirely, it’s still there. Of course it’s not anything I’m typing in on the site title, just appears at the end of it. Just updated to new WordPress version. New user here. The site is here: acgprint.com
    Embarrasing!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Is it something you enetered somewhere in Yoast’s SEO plugin, rather than in general settings?

Thread Starter wordenabode

(@wordenabode)

It’s not on any of the pages or posts but on the site title. The only thing I have set in Yoast SEO in general is to use meta keywords tag and disable date in snippet preview for posts, and I have all the webmaster tools validated.

(@wordenabode)

The Yoast WordPress SEO: Titles is set to force rewrite titles, since I don’t know how to modify my template. I try again to modify the header.php. Thanks.

(@wordenabode)

It is the WordPress SEO force rewrite of header that’s doing it, and I don’t believe I should change the header as suggested by the plugin since it looks pretty specific to changing the title as the pages are accessed. I’ll contact my theme support and see what he says. Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘" 1/2 " appearing in my page title!’ is closed to new replies.