WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Facebook
1.1.5 - Still Missing Mentions Entry Box, and Author Status Timeline Entry Box (40 posts)

1. rashadow
    Posted 1 year ago #

Same issue here, still a problem as of ver. 1.1.8, not sure what caused these fields to disappear. I have no mentions, and no custom status to page fields when creating new posts. I DO have the custom status to timeline field, but that's it. The mentions that I used in a previous post still show on said post, but the option to add mentions to posts has completely disappeared.

I tried the above mentioned troubleshooting options to no avail. Since there aren't a ton of people crying foul on this issue, I'm assuming many of us have something in common that may be causing this issue. The only plugin I have in common with one of the above posters is NextGen - maybe there is some setting missing on our FB apps...I dunno.

my site is silenciobarnes.com

It looks like the guys over on this thread are having the same issue: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mentions-missing

2. rashadow
    Posted 1 year ago #

On a side note. I noticed that most of the custom field names still existed so I just added the custom field "fb_mentioned_pages" and added my own page as a mention and created a test post http://silenciobarnes.com/test-2/test-no-need-to-click-me/

I ended with an error on plugins/facebook/social-publisher/mentions.php on line 34 but the actual mention still resolved to the correct FB ID# on the edit screen once the post was saved

Don't know if that helps anyone...but I'm tryin! :)

3. rashadow
    Posted 1 year ago #

Way off the mark with that last post. Went poking around the db to see if I could manually add a mention, but the string is something like: a:6:{i:0;a:2:{s:2:"id";s:15:"104046862964234";s:4:"name";s:7:"Writing";} -- that would be the "Writing" page on FB.

I'm gonna leave this alone now. Hopefully someone will come along and fix this for us.

4. Mike Shupp
    Posted 1 year ago #

Looks like these issues all fixed for me after upgrading to WordPress 3.5 today... all the boxes are there, going to test things out now.

5. jackgorman
    Posted 1 year ago #

Yep; I had zero boxes but after 3.5 upgrade everything seems kosher now.

6. roshields
    Posted 1 year ago #

Solved here too. At last!

7. EvilPharmacist
    Posted 1 year ago #

Yep, it's working again! Finally!
    Now if only they would fix that comments can be enabled/disabled per post/page, instead of only following the general settings.

8. rashadow
    Posted 1 year ago #

Great news to wake up to (I appreciate the little things in life). All clear here as well :) I guess we can call this one resolved...although the root issue was never discovered.

9. Mike Shupp
    Posted 1 year ago #

Well -
    After first upgrading to WP 3.5, I had all the boxes referenced in this thread in the Add New Post screen... but after attempting a new post, the issues have returned (no "Facebook Status on author profile Timeline" entry box, nor "Mentions" entry boxes).

Additionally, I cannot seem to get the settings to "take," in the Social Publisher admin screen... it just keeps going around in circles, I grant the permissions, and it seems to work, but then as soon as I make an additional edit selection, and/or hit Save, it just returns to the screen asking to grant permissions, screenshot here.

What to try next?

10. Mike Shupp
    Posted 1 year ago #

In trying every combination of reauthorizing, reinstalling, deleting, deactivating of plugins, etc., of both this plugin, and the FB app, that I can think of, the desired entry boxes on Add New Post screen occasionally reappear... but then are lost again at the very next action.

With debug enabled in wp-config.php, an attempt to "Save" the settings in Social Publisher admin screen, generates:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mikeshup/public_html/site/wp-includes/functions.php:2910) in /home/mikeshup/public_html/site/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

...and blank screen underneath.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic