WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Facebook
1.1.5 - Still Missing Mentions Entry Box, and Author Status Timeline Entry Box (40 posts)

1. Mike Shupp
    Posted 1 year ago #

I do have the "Facebook Status on (My Page) Timeline" entry box, where it says, "Sumarize the post for your Facebook audience..." if I'm publishing to one of my Facebook Pages;

...but not an equivalent entry box for when I'm only publishing to my author timeline (my Facebook Profile). Seems like this box did exist in one of the 1.0.x versions of the plugin...

I am able to publish to both my profile and page(s) timelines...

Also, still no Mentions entry boxes in my install, even though I have reauthorized the app several times...

Any ideas...? thanks in advance,

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/facebook/

2. Mike Shupp
    Posted 1 year ago #

Any thoughts on these issues? The plugin is otherwise working really well for me...

3. jackgorman
    Posted 1 year ago #

I'm having the exact same problems. I even deleted all my apps, took out the plugin and put it in fresh. Still can't get those boxes to appear.

4. Niall Kennedy
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Have you selected mentions to display anywhere on your site on the Social Publisher settings page?

5. jackgorman
    Posted 1 year ago #

Yes; still nothing.

6. jackgorman
    Posted 1 year ago #

Actually, I don't even have the box the first guy has. No boxes of any kind from the plugin appear for me.

7. Mike Shupp
    Posted 1 year ago #

Yes, I had "Posts" selected; I just went through and selected various other combinations to see if that would enable the mentions and author status boxes, but to no avail. I also deactivated the Sharebar plugin, but no change.

In the Social Publisher Settings page under prerequisites, my items 1 and 3 have checkmarks after them, but not 2, screenshot here, is this a problem? (I have set up the Publish action, and it shows as Active in my app details)
    Again, I seem to be getting most of the functionality correctly...

8. Niall Kennedy
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Your Facebook account may not be properly connected with your site's Facebook application.

Does removing the application permissions from your Facebook account and re-authorizing through the Social Publisher settings page solve the issue?

9. jackgorman
    Posted 1 year ago #

No, it doesn't.

10. jackgorman
    Posted 1 year ago #

Here's a list of my active plugins, just in case there's some thought about a conflict:

Auto More Tag - v. 3.1
    Exclude Pages from Navigation - v. 1.92
    Facebook - 1.1.5
    Google Analytics for WordPress - 4.2.8
    Hide Title - 1.0.3
    NextGen Gallery - 1.9.7
    Page Links To - v. 2.7.1
    Vimeo for WordPress - 1.2
    Vimeography - 0.9
    Wordpress Importer - 0.6
    WordPress SEO 1.2.8.7

11. Mike Shupp
    Posted 1 year ago #

Does removing the application permissions from your Facebook account and re-authorizing through the Social Publisher settings page solve the issue?

No... I've tried re-authorizing numerous times.

Is there other steps I could try to verify that my account is properly connected to site's FB app?

12. hozmat
    Posted 1 year ago #

Facing same Isuue as Mike. I used to get the mention entry box for friends and pages on my Post dashboard in the older version, after upgrading the plugin its gone. Any ideas/solution to this.

Thanks
    Hozefa

13. pankaj9695
    Posted 1 year ago #

I have done the same - removed the app from my facebook profile then again authorized the appa but still no mentions box...

14. Mike Shupp
    Posted 1 year ago #

Any more thoughts on this? It's very close to working completely for me... I'm able to post to both my Profile and Page timlines, the Comments are working, the Like (with Send) is working...

I have the "Facebook Status on (My Page) Timeline" entry box, where it says, "Sumarize the post for your Facebook audience..."

...but I'm just missing the equivalent box to do the same on my Profile timeline... and missing the Mentions boxes... all of which I did have in some of the 1.0.x versions

15. jackgorman
    Posted 1 year ago #

Honestly, if I could GET the "Sumarize the post for your Facebook audience..." box, I'd be happy. That's all I really want.

16. Mike Shupp
    Posted 1 year ago #

I have deactivated all other plugins, and deselected and reselected the Facebook plugin settings, still with no change to above referenced behaviour. (And also deactivated and reactivated Facebook plugin.)

Is the version in the GitHub repository newer, and should I try installing that?

17. phemmertaz
    Posted 1 year ago #

Exactly the same problem here. Fresh install, Facebook app install fine, but no mentions boxes on new post or page.

Anyone with an answer?

18. phemmertaz
    Posted 1 year ago #

As an aside, similar to Mike Shupp above, I have the permanent link directing to Facebook to setup the publish action. I have already done that successfully, and is active. Should that line be "checked off" like the other prerequisites?

19. Mike Shupp
    Posted 1 year ago #

If I publish a blog post, and use Social Publisher to have it published to my FB page at the same time, and also enter a message in "Facebook Status on (My Page) Timeline" entry box, where it says, "Sumarize the post for your Facebook audience." ...it publishes to my FB page with the status message no problem.

If a FB user then comments on my FB page on that post -- is their comment supposed to also show up in my blog post's FB comments box? It doesn't seem to... but if a FB user first comments on my blog post, then THAT comment DOES seem to appear on my FB page...

Is this how the plugin is supposed to work?

20. jackgorman
    Posted 1 year ago #

It'd be fantastic if I HAD a "Facebook Status on (My Page) Timeline" box...

21. johnworrel
    Posted 1 year ago #

Having the exact same problem. It stopped working once I updated the plugin.

Same problem with the social publisher
    "Associate an Open Graph action-object pair for your application: people can publish an article" as Mike Shupp.

Difference is that I don't get any boxes. What gives? This plugin has great potential.

22. EvilPharmacist
    Posted 1 year ago #

Just want to let you guys know that the boxes aren't showing for me either. I used to have two textboxes, one for mentions and one for adding custom text to your timeline when it posted a new post.
    Both boxes are gone...
    I have version 1.1.5 of the official Facebook plugin for WordPress.

23. EvilPharmacist
    Posted 1 year ago #

By the way, this is my Social Publisher settings page:
    http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7138/facebookforwordpress.jpg
    Are these settings correct?

I associated an Open Graph action. The timeline gets updated when I post something.

Just the two textboxes on the edit post/page page are missing.

24. EvilPharmacist
    Posted 1 year ago #

Also, whether or not the Facebook comment box is shown on a post or a page used to be linked to the "allow comments" setting on the edit post/page page.
    This is no longer so. I disabled comments on two pages, yet the Facebook comment box is shown...

25. twjdesmet
    Posted 1 year ago #

#Yep, having the same problem.

• No mention boxes appear when adding a new post
    • Also no 'V' check at the second line (But my guess that's okay..)
    • I can post to my own FB page via app (that box IS visible in admin)
    • Comments and all other stuff works as should

Just no mention boxes when posting new

26. Mike Shupp
    Posted 1 year ago #

Upgraded to 1.1.6, however my above referenced issues still remain. I removed the application permissions from my Facebook account and re-authorized through the Social Publisher settings page, but no change...

27. jackgorman
    Posted 1 year ago #

Yep; same here.

28. jackgorman
    Posted 1 year ago #

AND, after upgrade, my comments have disappeared. This app seems to remove more and more features as it "upgrades".

29. EvilPharmacist
    Posted 1 year ago #

@jackgorman, luckily I didn't update then... This plugin has so much potential, but it seems that the developers aren't really testing it before release...

30. roshields
    Posted 1 year ago #

Also having the same problem. Any new information? I have tried the same actions others have detailed above to no avail.

Solution needed!!!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic