WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Post Status Menu Items
[resolved] 1.1.0 update throwing header modification errors (9 posts)

1. Su
    Posted 1 year ago #

Under 3.5, the latest update keeps throwing the following error message:

> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [...]/wp-content/plugins/post-status-menu-items/cms_post_status_menu.php:1) in /home/sugeneris/webapps/nwc/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php on line 90
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [...]/wp-content/plugins/post-status-menu-items/cms_post_status_menu.php:1) in /home/sugeneris/webapps/nwc/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

While this particular instance is obviously showing a conflict with SuperCache at the moment, disabling it just makes the error cascade down to some other plugin(had this happen on another similar install), so it's unclear right now what the ultimate conflict is.

The problem started happening after updating this plugin *only* in both cases, so it's definitely the cause, I just haven't had a look in the code at all to see if I can work out where it's coming from.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-status-menu-items/

2. mrwweb
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look at it ASAP and let you know what I find.

3. mrwweb
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Hi @su.

I wasn't able to recreate your error but I was able to get something similar when I was using the Log Deprecated Notices plugin. I was able to resolve that error so I'm hoping that the same fix resolves what you're seeing.

When you get a chance to upgrade to 1.1.1, let me know if the error goes away.

Thanks again for calling my attention to this.

4. Su
    Posted 1 year ago #

Looks like you got most of the way there.
    Something I should've mentioned before(sorry) is that the errors were rendering both within WordPress and on the site itself.

With 1.1.1, WP is now clear, but the front-facing site still shows the SuperCache line 90 message. I didn't disable it to see if it still made its way to other plugins, etc. yet

Maybe that gives you enough information to continue investigating. I'm going to try and get this going on a non-public install so I can remove stuff more aggressively and narrow it down more.

5. mrwweb
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Somehow I missed this message, @su. Sorry.

I'm seeing this issue now on a couple sites. It does seem to be coming from a plugin conflict of some kind. I'm really going to try and see if I can get this solved today as I've found a couple instances of this completely locking up the backend.

Let me know of anything you find.

6. mrwweb
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Hi again,

When you get a chance, can you post the specs of the environment you're seeing this problem in?

I'm having duplicating this issue on some sites and I'm starting to wonder if this is somehow a PHP version or settings issue.

7. mrwweb
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Good news. It seems like this is an encoding issue. Somehow the file was set to UTF-8 instead of UTF-8 without BOM. Why this wasn't an issue before (suggesting that this wrong encoding got introduced recently is a mystery).

I'll work on putting out an update later today or early tomorrow, but if you could test changing the encoding of cms_post_status_menu.php that would be great.

8. Su
    Posted 1 year ago #

I was just about to upload a modified version of the file, but 1.1.2 is already available. I've installed it on both sites I mentioned before, and it seems like they're behaving, front and back end.
    Thanks for looking at this so quickly.

9. mrwweb
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

I think we're out of the woods on this issue, so I'll mark the thread as resolved. Open a new one if something else comes up.

I'm glad I could help, and thanks for using the plugin!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.