WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

1.0.1 Beta (25 posts)

1. OperaManiac
    Posted 10 years ago #

yohoo, will test it here...
    http://cricket.webdesign4india.com/
    Should be up and running in an hour or so!

2. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

changelog?

3. lars
    Posted 10 years ago #

I'm still getting a header error in single post search results.
    could someone else try searching for a word that only appears in a single post, and see what happens, please?

4. OperaManiac
    Posted 10 years ago #

ooh, is the google hilite is included i fear problems too... :S

5. lars
    Posted 10 years ago #

sushubh, I haven't enabled Google hilite, if you're suggesting that could be the cause of the problem.

6. Matt Mullenweg
    Troublemaker
    Posted 10 years ago #

Changes?
    Tons of bug fixes
    Speed/query enhancements
    Better XFN support
    Updated all importers
    Fixed duplicate indicies
    KSES and allowed tags fixes
    Future posts show up in admin
    Easier upgrade from b2
    Updated bookmarklet for Safari
    And more I can't think of.

7. Daniele
    Posted 10 years ago #

Hi all,
    in my blog I used this for show all categories with a number of post for each category:
    <?php list_cats(0, 'All', 'name', 'asc', 'blah', true, 0, 1, 0); ?>
    This work weel in 1.0.0 but in 1.0.1 the numebr of post aren't showed.
    Daniele

8. OperaManiac
    Posted 10 years ago #

Huh!
    I click on edit this on a comment and I don't see a delete option!
    :O) is it for real?
    Ain't that a thing which should be there! :D

9. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

I installed the latest (1.01 beta) and I get the following error at the category list:
    SQL/DB Error:
    [Table 'wp_reinier.wp_post2cat' doesn't exist]
    SELECT cat_ID, COUNT(wp_post2cat.post_id) AS cat_count FROM wp_categories LEFT JOIN wp_post2cat ON (cat_ID = category_id) LEFT JOIN wp_posts ON (ID = post_id) GROUP BY category_id
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in/home/sites/site33/web/area21/wp-includes/template-functions.phpon line 1513
    My prefix is wp3_ So I think there is the problem somewhere. Further, I have no problems as far as I can see for now.

10. OperaManiac
    Posted 10 years ago #

@Reinier
    You edited this line in teh config file b4 upgrading?
    $table_prefix = 'wp_';

11. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

Yes, otherwise nothing would work.

12. Dougal Campbell
    Posted 10 years ago #

Reinier: try running wp-admin/upgrade.php

13. lars
    Posted 10 years ago #

I've udated to all the latest files, and now I get this instead:
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in wp-blog-header.php on line 337
    This happens when searching for a string that only occurs in one post.

14. lars
    Posted 10 years ago #

That's line 337.

15. OperaManiac
    Posted 10 years ago #

lars, i believe since u are a member, u should see an edit link in ur posts... :|

16. Dougal Campbell
    Posted 10 years ago #

Sushubh, I just fixed the bug about creating the index for comment_approved. But as you saw, it didn't really hurt anything anyhow.

17. tvleavitt
    Posted 10 years ago #

a) "-" The "Post" screen is AFU under Mozilla 0.71 - works fine under IE 6.x (which is not my preferred browser).
    b) "+" Yikes. Can we please dump the checkbox list and go back to a drop down menu for category selection (at least as an option) on the Post page? I've got dozens of categories, some of them fairly long, and the result is messy and annoying... can't you enable people to select multiple categories some other way (kudos to that improvement - though it would be nice if you pointed out that this was now possible).
    c) "-" Kudos to putting "Post" on a separate page... I've got so much data in my weblog, that sometimes even on DSL it takes a while to load and render...
    d) "-" The WordPress logo image in the upper right hand corner doesn't render properly under Mozilla 0.7.1
    e) Kudos to putting "edit this" on the "view site" page...

18. Matt Mullenweg
    Troublemaker
    Posted 10 years ago #

If you are actually using Mozilla 0.71, you're out of luck. The latest version 1.5 and 0.71 was released more than two or three years ago. If you're using Firebird .71 then you probably need to do a force reload.

19. scooter
    Posted 10 years ago #

I may load this update in to JezzJournal later this week. Too busy right now. :o

20. tvleavitt
    Posted 10 years ago #

I meant Firebird 0.71, sorry about that... and you were probably correct about the old CSS being cached. Looks o.k. now.
    You can do "multiple select" in a drop down with "cntl", right? Seems a lot cleaner than a bunch of checkboxes taking up real estate on the right hand side...
    Very nice - keeps the Word Press team's records of smooth and effortless upgrades intact (I swear, nothing else I've ever dealt with under *nix has been this easy to admin and upgrade).

21. Alex King
    Posted 10 years ago #

Not in a drop down, but in a scrollable select box, yes.

22. Matt Mullenweg
    Troublemaker
    Posted 10 years ago #

Lars, you need the edit_link tag in your template to see, well, the edit links. Check out the default index.php for usage.

23. BAKSHI
    Posted 10 years ago #

I'm still on .72. I'm waiting for 1.x to become Gold or something, unless that's allready happened.

24. OperaManiac
    Posted 10 years ago #

i believe it went platinum. get 1.01 when it is released as a final version!

25. sberg
    Posted 10 years ago #

the hide_empty parameter for the list_cats() function doesn't seem to actually hide empty categories... I added this code to the function, at the beginning of the foreach loop at the end of the function, and it works fine now:
    if (intval($hide_empty) == 1 and $category_posts["$category->cat_ID"] == 0) continue;

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.