WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

100% pure love for 2.7! (21 posts)

1. Qoolos
    Posted 5 years ago #

This is my thread to show the love I have for WordPress 2.7. Been using since a few days in some nightly builds, but I absolutely love it. It's faster, flexible, clean, easy to understand and more over easier to explain my tech-savvy clients.

LOVE THIS UPDATE! keep up the good work.

2. Chris Roberts
    Posted 5 years ago #

More or less the same for me. I was deeply disappointed with 2.5. A lot of mistakes - some quite bizarre - were made with the changes in 2.5. While I'm still annoyed at how much WordPress changes between point releases, this was a necessary change. The changes are good, the new Admin interface is very nice. Enough so to win me back. 2.5 drove me to Movable Type, 2.7 brought me back to WordPress.

3. Hippocrates
    Posted 5 years ago #

I dig it too. Nice work WP.

4. RoseCitySister
    Posted 5 years ago #

Yay, a WordPress love thread!

Thanks so much for all that you do! Nothing compares to this software! Every time it's updated (even 2.5!) I love it more.

I love the staff! Moderators, you are my heroes! And I love the community!

SO FULL OF LOVE! I'm in the middle of upgrading all of my WP sites (didn't realize I had so many) and it's like a giant party. OK, I'm wierd. And I'm on pain medication. But thanks all the same.

5. sym0nd0
    Posted 5 years ago #

Fantastic. Really into 2.7, the admin panel was always a let down for me in past versions but now it's spot on. Thanks

6. Soulgirl
    Posted 5 years ago #

2.7 is GOD! The Dashboard is fanfookintastic and the ability to upgrade from the dashboard is also fanfookintastic! Instant plugin installation is just brilliant.

In fact... it's all FANFOOKINTASTIC!

7. DianeWarth
    Posted 5 years ago #

Stunning. Thanks so much.

8. shurayuki
    Posted 5 years ago #

I'm loving the new admin interface too. It's simply beautiful, and totally configurable. Upgrading from RC2 to 2.7 was a breeze. Thanks everyone in the dev team for your hard work.

9. mrkingid
    Posted 5 years ago #

A+ from me. Love the direction WP is going!!

Just needs a full featured WYSIWYG and I'd be in heaven.

10. benbt-japan
    Posted 5 years ago #

I have just completed upgrading my 5 wordpress installations to 2.7 . .. and I just want to join these people in saying how great I think WP has become - I can't believe that we all get so much for so little from WordPress. Big thanks and respect to all the people involved in developing 2.7, I truly believe this is one of the (if not the) coolest thing(s) on the net.

11. casimir
    Posted 5 years ago #

I have been a long time fan of WordPress, and I welcome the new 2.7 version with open arms! I really enjoy the updated admin interface (a refresh was long overdue). Plus, it was released just in time for me to use WordPress as a CMS for my new website.

12. bingorabbit
    Posted 5 years ago #

Thanks WordPress for your gift; Coltrane!

13. DREAM3R
    Posted 5 years ago #

i think its brilliant!

14. vijayforvictory
    Posted 5 years ago #

I just updated my blog

Thanks to WordPress. WP 2.7 is rocking.

It is faster, easy to upgrade and the UI pages are brilliant.

15. vijayforvictory
    Posted 5 years ago #

Thanks to WP 2.7. It is rocking

16. Evita
    Posted 5 years ago #

Yeah, it´s great. Much better than 2.6. Thanks to all the 150 people who had worked on it and of course, our "WordPress God" Matt Mullenweg.
    Oh, and also thanks the "Queen of WordPress" Mrs. Lorelle VanFossen for posting and helping here.

17. gebintit
    Posted 5 years ago #

Great work! Thank you very much!

18. Skratman
    Posted 5 years ago #

Now that mine is working I will say it looks good. I like that you can install new plugins right from the administrative page. The layout is easier now that I can see the layout.

Michael, re: prior thread - the plugins were deactivated prior to installation. While I'm not totally familiar yet with this coding, I'm not totally coding illiterate either. I had many sites back in the days of the ever popular CGI scripting. This is better but again, I'm still learning.

Samboll, I understand that you guys get frustrated, but understand that we do too particularly when we make a move to an improvement and the site fails on us.

Again, now that I can see everything, this is an improvement. Thanks for all the work that went into it.

19. nicholas77
    Posted 5 years ago #

-I love WORDPRESS!
    -You can say that again.
    -I love WORDPRESS!
    -Agree.
    -I love WORDPRESS!
    -I get the idea! I LOVE IT TOO!

[signature moderated]

20. ariyako
    Posted 5 years ago #

-I love WORDPRESS!
    -You can say that again.
    -I love WORDPRESS!
    -Agree.
    -I love WORDPRESS!
    -I get the idea! I LOVE IT TOO!

aaa shettttttttttttt im love with It.lol~

21. 14words
    Posted 5 years ago #

Best UI to date!

22. danielgroves
    Posted 5 years ago #

Amazing, stunning, bloody brillient! absolutly loving it!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic