WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

1.0 Upgrade Install problem (14 posts)

1. NuclearMoose
    Posted 10 years ago #

I have unzipped the WP Platinum 1.0 archive.
    I FTP the entire contents up to my web server.
    I attempt to run the wp-admin/ugrade.php script and I get an error about ABSPATH or something. My apologies for such a crappy explanation of the error, but I neglected to write down the error because I thought I had screwed up my entire blog. I deleted everything, and restored my original files, and I am back at square one.
    Craig.

2. Laughinglizard
    Posted 10 years ago #

remember to redo the wp-config.php file which has changed in the new release.

3. NuclearMoose
    Posted 10 years ago #

Thanks, Mark...I knew that it was something obvious...I should NOT do this stuff late at night. :)
    Craig.

4. Laughinglizard
    Posted 10 years ago #

I try to stay away from making major changes at night myself! LOL
    Im going to hold off on my upgrades till the CVS matures a little...

5. WildDuck
    Posted 10 years ago #

when i was on the CVS builds I use to get ABSPATH errors when i didnt use the newst wp-config.php. that follwed. I added the new one and everything worked fine again. Dont know if it is any help. :-)

6. WildDuck
    Posted 10 years ago #

haha...LL was faster than me...

7. NuclearMoose
    Posted 10 years ago #

Crap.
    Well, I was able to get to the upgrade.php and run it. When I went to login to the site, I now get THIS error:
    Warning: main(/b2template.functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nukemoos/public_html/blog/wp-admin/b2header.php on line 4
    Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/b2template.functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nukemoos/public_html/blog/wp-admin/b2header.php on line 4

8. NuclearMoose
    Posted 10 years ago #

I must be missing something very fundamental here. I basically expected that all of the b2 files would be tossed by the upgrade/install. Should I have wiped all of the blog files, then uploaded the new version files, then entered in the necessary changes to wp-config and THEN run the upgrade script?
    Sorry everyone. I'm making a mess of this, and I'm not having fun right now. <grin>
    Craig.

9. Lester Chan
    Posted 10 years ago #

I am also wondering, I cant get it to upgrade w/o installing first. By looking at the code, I dun think i need to run install.php first

10. seriocomic
    Posted 10 years ago #

Hmmm...
    I think I'm doing everything right.
    I am upgrading from 0.71.
    I modify the wp-config.php file and upload it into the folder with all the new WP files and none of the old ones, and run '/wp-admin/upgrade.php'.
    I get 'It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php.'
    If I try and run the 'install.php' file then I get 'You appear to already have WordPress installed. If you would like to reinstall please clear your old database files first.' - which defeats the purpose of upgrading.
    Seems to be a catch22...
    Can someone tell me where I have stuffed up?

11. seriocomic
    Posted 10 years ago #

I should also mention that because I wanted to leave the existing blog intact, I uploaded WP1.0 into a new folder, created a duplicate of the exisiting DB and then ran the upgrade on that.
    The idea being that I will have two nearly identical blogs, one running 0.71 and one 1.0. When the 1.0 has been designed to match the old 0.71, the switch would be made (i.e. renaming the server folder, and the root path in the settings), causing no interruption to the viewer.
    Will that be causing the problems?
    Also, do I need to have 'b2' or 'wp_' in the wp-config.php file if the old blog used 'b2'?
    Gaah! For someone who normally knows what they're doing I really managed to stuff things up - from the source code in 1.0 - "When trying to design a foolproof system, never underestimate the ingenuity of the fools" - color me foolish.

12. Laughinglizard
    Posted 10 years ago #

@seriocomic: "Also, do I need to have 'b2' or 'wp_' in the wp-config.php file if the old blog used 'b2'?"
    If your old blog had b2 as the prefix, use b2 in wp-config.php Thats why your update comes up with the 'It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php.' error.

13. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sanitize_title() in /home/..../public_html/wp/wp-admin/upgrade-functions.php on line 538
    I got that error message on he 2nd page of the install

14. seriocomic
    Posted 10 years ago #

Ok, for whatever reason, the upgrade wouldn't work from 0.71.
    I had to upgrade to 0.72 first (thankfully I had the 0.72 release), THEN the 1.0 upgrade (I used Alex King's CVS version) - no problems...
    There is a check in the wp-settings.php file that shuts the upgrade down if you don't have at least version 0.72.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.