WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

1.0 clean install. "It doesn't look like you've (16 posts)

1. antonskij
    Posted 10 years ago #

I do a clean install of 1.0. I've created a MySQL database, edited wp_config.php, and when I run install.php, i get led to this message:
    "It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php."
    But this page is the install.php so it just links to the same page...a never-ending loop.
    Server: Windows 2000 Server Platform, PHP 4.3.4 and MySQL 4.0.12
    Can anybody help?
    Thank you!
    Anton.

2. NuclearMoose
    Posted 10 years ago #

Anton,
    From your browser, make sure that you have run yoursite.com/wp-admin/upgrade.php.
    HTH.
    Craig.

3. antonskij
    Posted 10 years ago #

NuclearMoose,
    well, I run upgrade.php . It shows me: "It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php."
    If I click the link "install.php", the file "install.php" opens, showing again: "It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php." and again that loop.

4. patrickm
    Posted 10 years ago #

welcome to the club.

5. antonskij
    Posted 10 years ago #

NuclearMoose,
    That string in my "wp-config.php" shows:
    $table_prefix = 'wp_'; // example: 'wp_' or 'b2' or 'mylogin_'
    :))) Anton.

6. NuclearMoose
    Posted 10 years ago #

That's good, but if, when you created your database, and you used "wp-" or "blog_" or some other prefix, then you will have database problems.
    It's just that there are some other long threads of late where that was actually the solution after everything else was checked and re-checked and re-re-checked. :D
    HTH. If not, let us know, and we'll keep plugging away looking for a solution!
    Craig.

7. scooter
    Posted 10 years ago #

Why is this problem not being looked at more intently? It seems with any clean install of 1.0 or upgrade on IIS, it breaks!

8. Matt Mullenweg
    Troublemaker
    Posted 10 years ago #

Delete the line with die on about line 28 of wp-settings.php

9. NuclearMoose
    Posted 10 years ago #

scooter,
    How do you know that this is not being looked at more intently?

10. antonskij
    Posted 10 years ago #

Well, guys, espessially allusion and Craig... My gratitude, you know...
    Thanks to Craig I found the version 1.01 and made a clean install. The same problems occured as above.
    Then, thanks to allusion, I did something vaguely and indefinite to my mind, it looked like I run upgrade.php for any reason. And it's all done now... no errors.
    P.S.
    I did not like "MovableType"...
    Have a nice year!
    Anton.

11. jackiefg
    Posted 10 years ago #

Ok, I'm changing my domain from one provider to another but it's not transferred over yet, but I thought I'd get everything set up and ready to roll for when it did. So right now I'm at jackiefg.netfirms.com and the template shows up alright - but when I go to the http://jackiefg.netfirms.com/wp-login.php page, I get the following error message:
    SQL/DB Error:
    [Lost connection to MySQL server during query]
    SELECT option_name, option_value FROM wp_options
    I've checked with my provider and they say the configuration is all set up ok and the connection to the database is fine. What do I do here? I'm starting from scratch with the new WordPress - haven't even bothered updating (back-up wouldn't work for me) so it's brand spanking new.
    Please, please, please.

12. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

I'm also getting the same problem. except my first install.php link loops, then points to wp-admin/wp-admin/install.php, which obviously doesnt exist

13. antifuse
    Posted 10 years ago #

@jackiefg: you might want to take your database password out of there... :P But those look like 1and1.com usernames/passwords, are you sure the database host is correct? Usually with them it's like db##.perfora.net... But I'm totally just guessing, you might not even be using 1and1 :)

14. jackiefg
    Posted 10 years ago #

I don't even know what 1and1 usernames are, but I put in the database name that my new provider gave me and when I asked them to check the problem they said all that stuff was correct and then looked at the mysqladmin (I forget exactly what it was called) to check the table where option_name and option_value were.
    I haven't put in any user names yet since I just uploaded everything. The index.php page shows up fine, but if you try to leave a comment, you also get this:
    SQL/DB Error:
    Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-includes/wp-db.php:106) in /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-comments-post.php on line 115
    Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-includes/wp-db.php:106) in /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-comments-post.php on line 116
    Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-includes/wp-db.php:106) in /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-comments-post.php on line 117
    Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-includes/wp-db.php:106) in /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-comments-post.php on line 119
    Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-includes/wp-db.php:106) in /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-comments-post.php on line 120
    Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-includes/wp-db.php:106) in /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-comments-post.php on line 121
    Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-includes/wp-db.php:106) in /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-comments-post.php on line 122
    Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-includes/wp-db.php:106) in /mnt/web_k/d38/s32/a0004tng/www/wp-comments-post.php on line 127
    ---------------------------------------------
    Is there something else for me to try? Could it be because my domain hasn't transferred there yet and so I've put in jackiefg.netfirms.com rather than jackiefg.com until it's transferred.

15. jackiefg
    Posted 10 years ago #

This is really pissing me off - I've deleted all files, deleted the database - started everything again from scratch. What does it want from me and the database in the database where it says:
    SQL/DB Error:
    Is there something I'm supposed to change here? add? delete?
    I got a great install the second time, it said it was creating everything, gave me the password to log in with admin, and as soon as I did I get all these error messages, same as before. And what about the path - am I supposed to put that in somewhere? It looks like it put it in for me but what exactly am I supposed to change in the database? Or even the permissions? Are they supposed to be set to something on any/all the files?

16. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 9 years ago #

Jackiefg,
    I am having the same error message show up, and I also am waiting for my domain to completely register. Except, I am not transferring. This is my first payed website.
    Maybe you do have to wait, that's what I am doing. I'll let you know if I still get the error message once my domain is ready.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.