• I’m trying to have just one post visible on the main page but keep the number of posts from the options section for the archive and the search part (having only one post per page visible for the archive really doesn’t make much sense)… Is there a way to do that?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thread Starter patrick79

(@patrick79)

Thanks but I’m not working with categories since all my posts will be in the default category, can this be done without a plugin but with some hardcoding?

It’s not solely for categories. That plugin allows you to change the number of posts per page for any type of archive, from date to category to the main page.

You’re welcome to hard-code it, but the plugin will do what you want.

I use to have it that way, but now in 1.5 when I search it gets one by one!!
    why?!

Thread Starter patrick79

(@patrick79)

I assume you mean this one here http://rephrase.net/miscellany/05/perpage.phps

but somehow it doesn’t seem to work when I include it to the plugin folder…

sorry for all this newbie stuff :/

Did you activate the plugin from the Plugins page?

It used to work with NO PLUGINS
    who needs a search with one by one results? come on!
    I will get back to 1.2 until someone correct this

Enjoy 1.2 then, roro, it won’t be changed back. In 1.5 there is a consistent paging scheme such that all templates provide paging capability. I showed a plugin that supports any level of customizability in how paging works, even moreso than 1.2.

I’m using custompostspage.php plugin on my photoblog … there was no other easy way to get just one on the front page, or however many, and however many more than that on any other page.

It’s an easy to use feature that just is nice to PLUGIN, and use or not use if you want. It would be nice it there was a “Built in feature for front page” having a different value than the rest of the site, but for what-it’s worth … it’s not hard to go with the flow here, use 1.5 and custom-posts-paged plugin.

http://rephrase.net/miscellany/05/perpage.phps

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘1 post for main and 10 per page for search/archive ?’ is closed to new replies.