Well, I've been running WordPress for just over a month, and I couldn't be happier.
Here is my site: Tempus Fugit
As I was a Movable Type convert, I wanted to be able to do a lot of the things I was able to do in Movable Type, so I've written dozens of plugins to do various things.
Here's a quick list of some of the hacks and tweaks:
- Basic static content system ('about me,' 'contact,' etc) with custom mod_rewrite rules
- Custom breadcrumb plugin with support for static pages and display in the title
- Macro to add fancy styling to post images
- Macro to add <b>class="extlink"</b> to links that reference external websites
- Recognizes comments that are made by me, and changes the class of the author text
- Automatic redirection to a mobile version for mobile clients (PDA, cell phone, etc)
- 404 requests are sent to a WP search, thus if you go to http://www.txfx.net/michael jackson you will get a listing of all posts containing those words
- Show/hide comments on certain pages (easy to configure which pages get them), and show/hide extended entry on certain pages (again, easy to change which pages get them)
- Custom prerendering of post content. The first time a post is viewed, all the filters are applied, and then the rendered text is saved to the database. The next time the entry is viewed, the prerendered version is show, resulting in a 10-60% speed increase
- Recent entries list is cached whenever an entry is published, edited, or deleted, and the cached version is displayed, which saves about 20 MySQL queries
- Comment subscription option (if a user so wishes, they will get e-mails when people respond)
- Option to not save user info to cookie (for privacy reasons, such as people who post from public computers). Also, option to manually delete the cookie
- Post dates and page titles are dynamically rendered into images using True Type Fonts and then cached
- Live comment preview with support for paragraphs and line breaks
- Return commenters get a reordered form, with the comment form being first, and their saved info being tucked away below
That's about all that I can think of right now. I've made tons of little tweaks. Let me know what you think.