WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

WordPress MU Domain Mapping
[resolved] 1 Mapped domain not working & other issues (5 posts)

1. sheasbys
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi all,

I have just started moving a lot of my sites to WPMU and have come across some issues:

1. Some domains will not work at all even though they are parked through cpanel and set up in MU, any ideas?
    2. If I leave the site listed as it is in this format: mynewsite.originalsite.com when editing the site I cannot access the control panel for that domain. However, if I change it to reflect the actual domain: mynewsite.com I am then able to access the individual control panel.

Are these replication issues and I need to just wait it out or is something else going on?

Many thanks,
    Stephen

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping/

2. sheasbys
    Posted 1 year ago #

Follow up: when I attempt to go to the admin pages of the new domains it directs me to mynewsite.originalsite.com/wp-admin and throws a 404. If I manually enter: mynewsite.com/wp-admin I see the login screen but as soon as I hit enter it goes to: mynewsite.originalsite.com/wp-admin and throws a 404.

Looking for any ideas. I have followed ottos guide and have meticulously followed all the steps but cannot get into the administration of any site.

Thanks,
    Stephen

3. sheasbys
    Posted 1 year ago #

Another update.

If I go to sites and edit my newsite such that the "domain" and "mapping" are the same then I have full functionality. I read in a previous thread that this should not be done. If not then where do I even look to resolve the 404 problem? I also then have to log in to each domain and lose the single sign on as superadmin. I really need to get this fixed and am looking for any help.

Thanks again,
    Stephen

4. Ron Rennick
    MultiSite Guru
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Check your edits to wp-config.php and ensure that they are correct and above the "that's all, stop editing" line.

5. sheasbys
    Posted 1 year ago #

Ron,
    Thanks for the response. I check wp-config.php and it was indeed correct. I ended up flushing the DNS cache and starting over from scratch. This 404's slowly bagan to go away and after 24 hours all systems are a go. I assume the main issue was with the DNS at my host.

Thanks again,
    Stephen

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.