• I have a blog with a static homepage. I also have a page called season 10, with about 24 posts. At this point I want to add new posts but under a page called season 9, so I made a new category called season 9, but how do I get the new page to display only the posts from category season 9???

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Seems like you should be making categories named “season x” and then making posts and assigning them to the right season.

That way you just look at the category for that season and you will see all the right posts.

Yes, I had to do this a few days ago. So what you want to do is…

two parts
    Part I
    1. Assign everything under season 10 the category of season 10. You can do that by making a category, then go to each post and check off that category.
    2. Then make a category for season 9. Whenever you make a new post check off season 9 so it goes there.

Part II, the pages
    1. Go to menu. Make a custom menu, and under categories click one and add to menu. That will add a page with all those posts to that page.
    2. Knowing that, make page for season 10 and one for season 9.

I’m so glad you asked me this. It took me a few days of procrastinating before I figured it out. Please let me know if I’m not clear at any point.

The only question though is how to make the category page a home page. hmmm…

Thread Starter Student_01

(@student_01)

I have added the categories season 9 and season 10 to the menu.
    Als I added a new post, with category season 9, but it still appears under the page of season 10.

There must be a way to do this in wordpress?

Then you are doing something else wrong. Do you have it assigned to multiple categories? Are you browsing a PAGE and not a CATEGORY when you are viewing the results?

The url should have /category/season-9/ in it or something similar. If it doesnt have category in it then you are probably just viewing a page which is the wrong way to do it.

Thread Starter Student_01

(@student_01)

What do you mean by multiple categories?

The url does not say category, just season-9

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘1 category on each page’ is closed to new replies.