• Resolved JanSnowski

(@jansnowski)

Yesterday I installed 0.7.6.4 and when I went to my site there was a note about an update to 0.7.6.5 without the option to update from my dashboard. So I deleted the older version and downloaded the upgraded version BUT it will not activate…I think the plugin is great. Please help, what must I do.
    BTW I am on OSX 10.7.5, WP 3.5.1, Theme Suffusion v 4.4.6 with child Suffu-scion and my main browser Firefox v 20.0

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/connections/

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hi,

I had the same problem but figured out the solution and it worked.
    You will find the following lines which you should just delete:

417. <<<<<<< HEAD
    422. =======
    425. >>>>>>> fxbenard-develop

Once you delete them everything comes back and works fine. I think it has something to do with the <<< in that some servers accept only two , some three and so on.

Hope it helps 🙂

Me too – I’m trying to find these lines, what file should I look in? I checked the includes/class.settings.php file and then the rest of the connections directory, but didn’t find anything.

OOPH!!! Never mind!! I was searching for “417.” in the files. I found it.

Just curious, will deleting these lines break anything? they must be there for a reason right?

Thanks for your help!

Thread Starter JanSnowski

(@jansnowski)

Hi Tassos,
    Thanks for the quick reply. But help a noob out please. I have done some customizing of my theme but never a plugin. I have the plugin editor and have the Connections edits open but which php, css file will I find the 417….etc in there are no line numbers in the first one that I open “connections/connections.php” Apologies for being a bit dof. Janek

Oops sorry forgot as everyone else had the same problem. Look for the following:

wp-content/plugins/connections/includes/class.settings.php

Tassos

Thread Starter JanSnowski

(@jansnowski)

Hi Tassos,
    You are a Star 😀 Well done. It worked!
    Thanks a ton. Janek

Tassos – thanks so much for this fix. Dead site now living again

Thanks a million Tassos, that did the trick!

Plugin Author Steven

(@shazahm1hotmailcom)

@everyone

Please follow the advice given by @tassos or delete and reinstall Connections. It is safe to do, you will not lose anything.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘0.7.6.5 Will not activate’ is closed to new replies.