A really simple and very lightweight plugin to embed customized Youtube videos & playlists anywhere in your blog or website using wordpress shortcodes.
Documentation, live demos and support
All documentation and demos are located at the plugin website.
The plugin website is proudly powered by WordPress and nearly all posts show a live demo so you can check how Youtube videos behave under every scenario/configuration such as:
- Window resizing (resize the browser window to check how "fluid" videos adapt to fit)
- Mobile viewing (visit the website with your mobile and check how videos look)
- RSS viewing (subscribe to the feed and check how videos look in your RSS reader)
- Different parameters for the Youtube player
What's more, I've added Uservoice feedback so you can share your ideas and issues. I want to hear from you. You can also post comments on every article.
I've moved all documentation to a website because I think it's great to have a real WordPress environment set up and running with a working version of the plugin (latest) and a live demo for every piece of documentation.
- Supports all official YouTube player customization parameters and respects Youtube's default values: Youtube official documentation. You can override any default value.
- Supports TinyMCE editor button (1.7+ version) to make it easier for you to customize the Youtube video player (auto-inserts the shortcode).
- Supports RSS readers, Mobile browsers and fluid/elastic layouts.
- Supports automatic calculation of video height. Just set the Youtube player
width and omit the
height parameter in the shortcode. There's no need to set a height manually to get the perfect height.
- Supports automatic localization of Flash videos ("old embed code" only). This plugin detects the visitor's preferred language to set the default language of the Youtube player UI & the video's captions/subtitles (otherwise en_US would be set by default for every visitor).
- Supports normal Youtube URLs, short Youtube URLs, embed Youtube URLs and Youtube's video ID as value for
- Supports setting a different "title" attribute for each Youtube video (useful for SEO & Accessibility).
- Developer friendly:
wp-content directory can be renamed or moved safely to a different location. For more info read Moving wp-content
- Tested on IE 6+, Firefox 2+, Opera 8+, Safari 3+, Chrome 5+, iOS & Android (Webkit mobile), Opera mobile, Firefox mobile (Fennec) and RSS readers (such as Google Reader and NetNewsWire).
In version 1.9 I'll develop a settings page so that you can store configuration defaults for every Youtube video.
Support its development donating a few bucks :) (PayPal).
Plugin developed by Túbal Martín at http://www.margenn.com.