Show a YouTube video and a gallery of thumbnails for a YouTube user channel.
You can see a demo of the plugin in the following URLs:
- Display latest thumbnail videos from YouTube user channel or playlist.
- When you click on one of the thumbnails the video plays at the top.
- This plugin uses the YouTube IFrame player API that allows YouTube to serve an HTML5 player, rather than a Flash player, for mobile devices that do not support Flash.
- You can choose to use this plugin as a widget or as a shortcode.
- You can use multiple instances of the plugin on the same page.
Description of the different fields of the plugin:
- Video feed type: option to select the feed type to use to show videos. Yo can select uploaded by the user or playlist. Shortcode attribute: feed; value: user (default) or playlist. (Optional).
- YouTube user id/YouTube playlist id: the user id of the user's Youtube videos you want to show or the id of the playlist. Shortcode attribute: user; value: String. (Required).
- Playlist order: this option appears if you selected playlist as Video feed type. You can show videos in a playlist by ascending or descending order. Shortcode attribute: feedorder; value: asc (default) or desc. (Optional).
- Cache time (hours): Hours that RSS data is saved in database, to not make a request every time the page is displayed. Assign this value according to how often you upgrade your playlist in YouTube. Shortcode attribute: cache_time; value: Number. (Optional).
- Activate cache: If you disable this field the cache will be deleted and will not be used. This is useful to refresh immediately the YouTube RSS used by the plugin. Reenable the cache when the gallery shows the changes you made in your YouTube account. Shortcode attribute: cache; values: 0 or 1 (default). (Optional).
- Aspect ratio: indicates the proportions of the player, standard (4:3) or widescreen (16:9) format. Shortcode attribute:** ratio; values: 4x3 (default) or 16x9. (Optional).
- Theme: display player controls (like a 'play' button or volume control) within a dark or light control bar. Shortcode attribute: theme; values: dark (default) or light. (Optional).
- Progress bar color: specifies the color that will be used in the player's video progress bar to highlight the amount of the video that the viewer has already seen. Shortcode attribute: color; values: red (default) or white. (Optional).
- Video quality: sets the suggested video quality for the videos. The suggested quality parameter value can be small, medium, large, hd720, hd1080, highres or default. YouTube recommend that you set the parameter value to default, which instructs YouTube to select the most appropriate playback quality, which will vary for different users, videos, systems and other playback conditions. If you set suggested quality level that is not available for the video, then the quality will be set to the next lowest level that is available. Shortcode attribute: quality; values: small, medium, large, hd720, hd1080, highres or default (default). (Optional).
- Autoplay: automatically play the initial video when the player loads. Shortcode attribute: autoplay; values: 0 (default) or 1. (Optional).
- Show YouTube logo: Activate this field to show the YouTube logo in the control bar. Setting the color parameter to white will show the YouTube logo in the control bar. Shortcode attribute: modestbranding; values: 0 (default) or 1. (Optional).
- Show related videos: this parameter indicates whether the player should show related videos when playback of the initial video ends. Shortcode attribute: rel; values: 0 (default) or 1. (Optional).
- Show info (title, uploader): display information like the video title and rating before the video starts playing. Shortcode attribute: showinfo; values: 0 (default) or 1. (Optional).
- Number of videos to show: it must be a number indicating the number of thumbnails to be displayed. Shortcode attribute: maxitems; value: Number. (Optional).
- Thumbnail width: indicates the width of the thumbnails. The height is automatically generated based on the aspect ratio selected. Shortcode attribute: thumbwidth; value: Number. (Optional).
- Aspect ratio: indicates the proportions of the thumbnails, standard (4:3) or widescreen (16:9) format. Shortcode attribute: thumbratio; values: 4x3 (default) or 16x9. (Optional).
- Thumbnail columns: it allows to control the number of columns in which the thumbnails are distributed. Shortcode attribute: thumbcolumns; value: Number. (Optional).
- Add "nofollow" attribute to links: "nofollow" attribute provides a way for webmasters to tell search engines "Don't follow this specific link". Shortcode attribute: nofollow; values: 0 (default) or 1. (Optional).
- Show title: it displays the title of the thumbnail with a link to play the video in the player. Shortcode attribute: title; values: 0 (default) or 1. (Optional).
- Show description: it shows the description of the thumbnail with the number of specified words. Shortcode attribute: description; values: 0 (default) or 1. (Optional).
- Thumbnail alignment: it defines the alignment of the thumbnail respect to its description and title. Shortcode attribute: thumbnail_alignment; values: left (default), right, top or bottom. (Optional).
- Description words number: the maximum number of words displayed in the description. Shortcode attribute: descriptionwordsnumber; value: Number. (Optional).
- Link text: field to customize the text of the link to the gallery on YouTube. Shortcode attribute: link_tx; value: String. (Optional).
- Show link to channel: option to display a link to the YouTube user channel. Shortcode attribute: link; values: 0 (default) or 1. (Optional).
- Open in a new window or tab: option to open the link to YouTube in a new window or tab . Shortcode attribute: link_window; values: 0 (default) or 1. (Optional).
In the following example are many attributes that can be used with the shortcode and explained above:
[Youtube_Channel_Gallery feed="user" user="MaxonC4D" feedorder="desc" videowidth="500" ratio="16x9" theme="light" color="white" quality="small" autoplay="1" rel="1" showinfo="1" maxitems="9" thumbwidth="90" thumbratio="16x9" thumbcolumns="3" title="1" description="1" thumbnail_alignment="left" descriptionwordsnumber="10" link_window="0"]
If you have created your own language pack, or have an update of an existing one, you can send me your gettext PO and MO so that I can bundle it into the Youtube Channel Gallery.