- Profile page configuration: per-user choice to disable password, IM
authentication, or use both.
- IPv6 support and better DNS integration.
- The core XMPP library has been rewritten in a much more robust, hence secure
API. The current version had been started in 2008. My first XMPP experiment
that I used for the plugin Jabber Feed (that I will probably soon merge with
the current plugin) and the API was not very nice and could break more
easily on some unexpected outputs.
- Admins have now possibility to deactivate the plugin on a per-feature basis.
- Experimental component support.
- "Jabber / Google Talk" in profile renamed to "Standard IM".
- TLS certificates were not properly configured.
- Various fixes.
The plugin can be used to login as a user, or post comments as an unsubscribed