- Download the WWPass WordPress Plugin from WWPass Developers site under
the Downloads section.
- There are two options to upload the plugin to a server:
- Unzip the WWPass WordPress Plugin zip archive (.zip) file and place its
contents in the
- Log in to your own WordPress Administrator Dashboard and navigate to
the Plugins -> Add New page. Click the Upload tab at the top of the page
and click Browse... Select the downloaded WWPass WordPress Plugin zip
archive (.zip) and click Open.
- Activate the plugin using WordPress Dashboard/Plugins.
- WWPass Plugin for WordPress requires a WWPass Service Provider ID. You can
either use your existing Service Provider ID or create a new one by visiting
WWPass Developers site.
- Create a new directory on your server. It is recommended to create this
directory outside of your web server DocumentRoot. Upload your WWPass SPID
credentials - key (.key), certificate (.crt) and certificate
authority (wwpass_ca.crt) files - to the newly created directory. It is
recommended to use an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS) to upload WWPass SPID
If the configuration of your server does not allow to store files outside of
DocumentRoot, access to the uploaded files should be restricted.
For example, if your web-server is running Apache you can create an .htaccess
file with the following contents in the directory with the key and
deny from all
In any other cases contact technical support of your web hosting provider or
a system administrator which supports your server.
- Login to WordPress using an account with administrative privileges and
configure your WWPass plugin using Dashboard/Settings/WWPass. Enter paths to
the credential files into corresponding fields of the form and click "Check
and save settings".
The administrator configuration options are mapped below:
Path to WWPass SPID Private Key (.key)
Service Provider ID (SPID) Private Key, issued by WWPass
Path to WWPass SPID Certificate (.crt)
Service Provider ID (SPID) Certificate, issued by WWPass
Path to WWPass Certificate Authority (ca.crt)
WWPass RootCA Certificate. Can be downloaded from WWPass Developers site
Authentication with WWPass access code
If enabled, forces users to input their WWPass Access Code when