WTI Like Post is a plugin for adding like (thumbs up) and unlike (thumbs down) functionality for posts/pages. On admin end alongwith handful of configuration settings, it will show a list of most liked posts/pages. If you have already liked a post/page and now you dislike it, then the old voting will be cancelled and vice-versa. You can reset the settings to default and the like/unlike counts for all/selected posts/pages as well. It comes with two widgets, one to display the most liked posts/pages for a given time range and another to show recently liked posts.
- Functionality for getting automatic plugin updates as a standard wordpress plugin update process.
- Action hook available for successful voting so that you can attach any functionality like sending thank you mail to user. There are 2 other hooks available for further customizing the message you see on page load and ajax call.
- Functionality for viewing like, unlike, total counts for individual post on admin Most Liked Posts screen. You can also view users who voted for each of them. This works only when logged in users are allowed to vote.
- Buddypress activity integration to show activity updates when a user likes and dislikes any content.
- Functionality for highlighting the like/unlike icon on successful voting and page load.
- Compatible with multisite set up.
- Can be used with custom post types. You can show most liked posts based on custom post types using shortcode and widget.
- Functionality for disabling the plugin css file so that you can use custom css from your theme.
- Functionality for redirecting user to a specific page on successful voting.
- Functionality for showing the like/unlike buttons for post excerpts.
- Functionality for allowing/disallowing author to vote against own post with custom message.
- Option to save plugin settings and table after plugin un-installation in case you need to reuse the data in future.
- Functionality to disable auto-loading of the like/unlike buttons so that you can use the template tag inside your theme or [wtilp_buttons] inside post/page content using the editor. Please note that [wtilp_buttons] is NOT a shortcode.
- Functionality to store voting counts (like, unlike, total) as post meta which can be used to show posts sorted by voting counts.
- Functionality to have default message to encourage users to like posts.
- Functionality to show users who liked a post below the like/unlike buttons.
- In total 6 styles of buttons for like/unlike functionality.
- Functionality to show like count for each post in admin post list/edit section.
- Has 2 template files which can be used to show most liked posts throughout the site and the most liked posts by an author on author page.
- Functionality to use texts instead of like/unlike images in case you want to have some encouraging texts which can not be conveyed using images.
- Functionality for adding default like/unlike entries i.e. 0 for posts and pages when they are created.
- Functionality to show most liked/unliked posts from selected categories on Most Liked/Unliked Posts widget.
- Functionality to show posts liked/unliked by all users or the logged in user on the widget and also shortcode for showing the same on a page.
- Wide range of time including hours to have more control on the posts shown on the widget.
- Most Liked/Unliked Category Posts widget to show posts liked/unliked on the specific category page.
- Functionality to show post excerpt, thumbnail on all the available widgets.
PRO Plugin URL: http://www.webtechideas.com/product/wti-like-post-pro/ PRO manual is available for downloading on the last section of the page.
PRO Plugin Demo URL: http://demowp.webtechideas.com/
PRO Plugin Support Forum: http://support.webtechideas.com/forums/forum/wti-like-post-pro/
- AJAX thumbs up/down functionality without refreshing your screen
- Wide range of voting period to allow users to revote after a specific period of time
- 3 different voting styles with 3 set of images
- Show/hide +/- symbols before like/unlike count
- Reset all/selected like and unlike counts
- Shortcode for showing most liked posts and recently liked posts on a page
- Allow or block guest users to vote
- Custom messages
- Show thumbs up/down functionality on pages or not
- Exclude specific posts/pages if you do not want this functionality to be shown there
- Show excluded posts/pages on widget section or not
- Show the thumbs up/down functionality on top of the content or at the bottom
- Show the thumbs up/down functionality on left of the screen or right
- Exclude specific sections like home, archive page not to show like/dislike functionality
- Excluded categories not to show like/dislike functionality for posts under those categories
- Allow specific posts from excluded categories to show like/dislike functionality
- Excluded like/dislike functionality on post/page add/edit interface
- Enter custom title text on hovering the like/unlike images
- English, French, Polish language files
- Widgets to show most liked posts and recently liked posts
- Option to save plugin settings and table even after plugin uninstallation which will make upgradation smooth
Plugin URL: http://www.webtechideas.com/wti-like-post-plugin/ Plugin manual is available for downloading on the last page of the plugin url.
Author's Blog: Webtechideas
Author's Other Plugins: WTI Contact Back