There are a few options for installing and setting up this plugin.
- Download and unzip the plugin
- Upload the 'wpcheckin' folder into the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
- Go to the Plugins admin page and activate the plugin
Install Via Admin Area
- In the admin area go to Plugins > Add New and search for "WPCheckin"
- Click install and then click activate
To Setup The Plugin
- If you haven't created a key for the Google API follow these instructions: https://developers.google.com/console/help/#generatingdevkeys.
- In the WordPress admin area go to Settings > Checkins and then enter in your Google API key.
- Test that you are able to retrieve information from Google Places by clicking the "Get Places!" button.
How to Use the Widget
- Setup the Plugin (refer to above)
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and drag the 'WPCheckin' to your sidebar, or other widget area.
- Enter in a Title to appear above the checkin widget. For example "Here I am!"
How to Use the Shortcode
- Navigate to the post or page you would like to add the badges to
- Enter in the shortcode [wpcheckin]