WP Smart Image II is a WordPress plugin which gives you a whole control over the thumbnails that you wish to show with posts and pages (e.g. the index of a website).
This plugin combines the best image management functionalities in WordPress and turn their handling in a very easy job.
How works WP Smart Image II
WP Smart Image II takes all WordPress image functions and put on your hands in a simple and right way.
"Right way"?... Are there wrong ways to show post images?
Yes! Custom fields (e.g.) is a very wrong and annoying way to do this job. If you are used custom fields to assign images to posts, with WP Smart Image II will forget all the extra work and will enjoy the real process automation that has been in WordPress all this time and probably you never knew existed.
What's the problem with WordPress native image engine?
No problem! Otherwise, the WordPress image engine is one of the most advanced and flexible ones so far. WordPress offers a wide range of functionalities and tags, which allows for and easy handling of images and files, associating them with posts, categories, pages and other elements with total freedom.
However, the problem with all these funcionalities is that finding the propper way to associate data and get a specific result can get really hard. In an attempt to do that, many people have tried to do it by setting through custom fields, ignoring that WordPress has a large platform with many resources at our disposal to do that.
What isn't Wp Smart Image II?
It is not a filter that works inside the content. WP Smart Image II only works in the template areas and it's use is focused to the template's file system.
It is not a plugin that changes other functionalities behaviour. It's a resource that lets you take advantage of the already existing functionalities provided by WordPress.
What you can do with WP Smart Image II
- A wide range of functionalities using a single tag.
- A plugin that uses the WordPress resources in a very productive way and does not overload your system.
- Stable, reliable and always working.
- A tool with many, many options to give you the control over your design, blogging or development.
Design & layout
"height" attributes through CSS or HTML methods.
- Personalize the
"title" attributes if they haven't been configured yet.
- Choose between the four presets WordPress sizes: Thumbnail, Medium, Large and Full. Additionally, you can create new plugin preset sizes with Max Image Size Control, and easily handle them through WP Smart Image II.
- Customize the generic images and its paths for all the sizes.
- Link the image to the article or leave it without a link.
- Add a link to the full version of the image from the thumbnail or any size.
- Add a link to the image's attachment page from the thumbnail or any size.
- Show random images per post (instead only one).
- Show preset images at the posts list if images are not setting to appear in the content. Also you can choose to leave it without images.
- Adapt the tag type to website DTD for a right W3C valitation.
- Choose between "echo" or "return" the tag.
- Get the image url instead of the whole tag.
- Easily add and define attributes to image's links, as
- Literally slice the image data in pieces and post them separately (width, height, mimetype, ID, etc.)
- Choose to run the plugin under PHP mode, without need to db queries for common tasks.
- Handle multiple images per post directly or in
array mode as well.
- Switch easily between double or single quotes for tag attributes.
- Choose the image to show throught a friendly widget in the editor.
- Choose any image from your Media Library and assign it to the post.
- Show/hide thumbnails in RSS feeds.
- Customize sizes in RSS feeds.
- Assing titles of the images directly from your editor box
- Choose any image from your Media Library and assign it to the post, even if the image isn't attached to the post.
- Use The Post Thumbnail editor box to manage images processed under the WPSI engine.
- Dutch (nl_NL) - Rene from WP Webshop
- Russian (ru_RU) - Vladimir from ShinePHP
- Spanish (es_ES) - Dario Ferrer
If you have been translated this plugin into your language, please let me know.