- The plugin requires at least wp version 3.1.
- The theme should have a call to wp_head() in its header.php file and wp_footer() in its footer.php file.
- The theme should load enqueued scripts in the header if the scripts are enqueued without the $in_footer switch (like wppa.js and jQuery).
- The theme should not prevent this plugin from loading the jQuery library in its default wp manner, i.e. the library jQuery in safe mode (uses jQuery() and not $()).
- The theme should not use remove_action() or remove_all_actions() when it affects actions added by wppa+.
Most themes comply with these requirements.
However, check these requirements in case of problems with new installations with themes you never had used before with wppa+ or when you modifies your theme.
- The server should have at least 64MB of memory.
This version is: Major rev# 4, Minor rev# 9, Fix rev# 6, Hotfix rev# 000.
If you are upgrading from a previous Major or Minor version, note that:
* If you modified wppa_theme.php and/or wppa_style.css, you will have to use the newly supplied versions. The previous versions are NOT compatible.
* If you set the userlevel to anything else than 'administrator' you may have to set it again. Note that changing the userlevel can be done by the administrator only!
* You may have to activate the sidebar widget again.
Standard installation when not from the wp plugins page
- Unzip and upload the wppa plugin folder to wp-content/plugins/
- Make sure that the folder wp-content/uploads/ exists and is writable by the server (CHMOD 755, some systems need CHMOD 777)
- Activate the plugin in WP Admin -> Plugins.
- If, after installation, you are unable to upload photos, check the existance and rights (CHMOD 755, some systems need CHMOD 777) of:
for the single site mode installation: the folders .../wp-content/uploads/wppa/ and .../wp-content/uploads/wppa/thumbs/,
and for the multisite mode installation (example for blog id 92): the folders path: .../wp-content/blogs.dir/92/wppa/ and .../wp-content/blogs.dir/92/wppa/thumbs/.
In rare cases you will need to create them manually. You can see the actual pathnames and urls in the lowest table of the Photo Albums -> Settings page.
- If you upgraded from WP Photo Album (without plus) and you had copied wppa_theme.php and/or wppa_style.css
to your theme directory, you must remove them or replace them with the newly supplied versions. The fullsize will be reset to 640 px.
See Table I-A1 and Table I-B1,2 of the Photo Albums -> Settings admin page.