See for additional information: http://wppa.opajaap.nl/?page_id=1459
If you want to run WPPA on a multisite in single site mode, add to wp-config.php:
If you run a multisite installation in 'old' style using blogs.dir, add to wp-config.php:
If you changed the name of wp-content and/or uploads, besides the additions to wp-config.php prescribed by the codex, also add to wp-config.php:
and make the changes therein also.
- When clicking the link Remake files in front edit photo, the Exit and Refresh button did not come back. Fixed.
- If source files are kept ( Table IX-H1,2 ) and the system is single site or multisite_global, there is an automatic permalink structure to source image files.
Use the keyword w#pl in photo descriptions; if the source is not available, this keyword displays nothing.
The permalink has the following structure:
My-album stands for the wppa+ album name, My-photo.jpg for the name of the photo.
You can change the name wppa-pl into any convenient filesystem safe name like 'albums' in Table IX-H14: Permalink root.
Make sure you choose a unique name inside .../wp-content/ for the permalink root.
There is no hierarchical album structure, and it is your responsability to have no duplicate album names, and no duplicate photo names inside the same album.
- The initial column width for responsive themes is now configurable in Table I-A1.1.
- The lightbox will be repeatedly initialized during page construction to facilitate clicks before document.reay.
- Fixed various security issues.
- Album description is no longer shown on thumbnail displays if the display contains thumbnails of various albums.
- On some installations accessing wppa+ photo files by their url ended up in a 404 error. Fixed. See Other Changes: .htaccess file.
- Fixed a problem in the interpretation of querystring arguments where album or photo names contained single or double quotes.
- Fixed a rights problem in front-end photo edit when upload rights were from Table VII-B only.
- Fixed a problem in shortcodes with type="covers". Links from displays of such shortcodes never showed photos, only albums.
- Albums selected with an album enumeration are now sorted accoring to the setting in Table IV-D1
- [wppa type="cover" album="#all"][/wppa] will now also work.
- A .htaccess file is now placed in the .../uploads/wppa/ folder to grant normal http access to wppa photo files.
This is to prevent the effect working down to wppa/ from other plugins .htaccess files rewriting http access in the .../uploads/ folder to an attachment page and/or generating a 404 error.
- Fixed a rare problem in the conversion to pretty links, i.e. where the url contained 'wppa-' before the '?'.
- Thumbnail popups squeezed to small square images in rare cases. Fixed. (5.4.2.001)
- Fixed improper escaped titles in breadcrumb bar. (5.4.2.002)
- Table I-F13,14: Min and max fontsize for tagclouds.
- Link from cover image to slideshow starting at cover image, see Table VI-B1: a slideshow starting at the photo.
- If Table IV-A3 ( Photo names in urls ) is checked, wppa+ will generate urls with the photo names in all places now.
- Added Table IV-A4 ( Album names in urls ). Works like IV-A2.
- Added Table IV-A5 ( Use short query args ). Omits the wppa- prefix in query string arguments.
Use only when there are no conflicting plugins, like music plugins, that interprete &album= etc.
Note on using names in urls: Avoid duplicate album names and duplicate photo names within the same album!
- Removed the 'Create new style shortcode' checkbox from the TinyMce shortcode generator. It is replaced by the setting in Table IX-B13: We use scripts, with default being off.
It is highly recommended to use shortcodes only ( no scripts ) as the development of scripted shortcode features is frozen and only maintained for backward compatibility.
New features will only be available in new style shortcodes.
- Shortcode generator for new style shortcodes has been rewritten and is now capable of generating all possible shortcodes.
- Table IV-A has been renumbered.
- Import using ajax stopped working. Fixed
- Treecounts were not updated when a sub-album was deleted. Fixed.
- Fixed a link problem from thumbnails to slideshow when ajax on and selection was #upldr.
- Upload box did not show up when frontend upload enabled but user had no upload rights and album was public. Fixed.
- Treecounts are now updated after a bulk change status action.
- The behaviour of the lightbox on album widget has been restored to the situation before version 5.3.10, i.e. the photos in the album will be shown in a set.
- On import, when there are only zipfiles to import, you will no longer be asked to specify a target album.
- New shortcode type: type="thumbs" will display the thumbnails only of an album that also contains sub-albums.
- New shortcode type: type="covers" will display the covers of the sub-albums of the given album. Do not confuse with type"cover"!!
- You can now set the minimum height of album covers ( Table I-D2 ) and of the text including the header ( Table I-D3 )
to make it easier to size the covers verically equally.
- Table VII-D10: Photo owner change. If checked, administrators can change the owner of the photo on the Album Admin -> Manage Photos screen.
- Download link on lightbox displays ( Table VI-C1.4 ).
- Added lightbox as a selection for the linktype of slideshow widget ( Table VI-A2 ).
- Erroneous treecounts will now be fixed automaticly, leaving a note in the wppa+ logfile ( See Table VIII-C1 ).
- Table I-D has been expanded and renumbered.
- Facebook share button is now new style; display type of share and like buttons is selectable. See Table II-C17.x
- All languages in names and descriptions are now indexed when using qTranslate and indexed search is used.
- The selection of the photo of the day when set to topten will follow the 'top' policy as specified in Table IV-E17.
- Fixed a bug in using custom css when Table IV-A9 ( Inline styles ) was UNchecked.
- Directory to album import continued to ask for a target album where it should not. Fixed.
- Many changes to reduce server load ( less db queries ) and client load ( improved responsive algorithm ) and to improve stability.
- Moved admin language files to separate plugin: Wppa Admin Language Pack
- The use of a modified wppa-theme.php file is strongly discouraged.
The old version of this file is NOT compatible with this release.
If you want to use a modified version, you will have to tick Table IV-A12
- The use of a modified wppa-style.css file is strongly discouraged.
You should enter your custom css in Table IV-A10
If you want to use a modified version, you will have to tick Table IV-A11
- Fixed a problem in Album admin and in Settings for systems with very many registered users.
- New keywords in photo description: w#album, alias of w#albumid, will be replaced by album id; and w#albumname.
- Table IX-D15: FE Albums public. A switch to force the front-end created albums to be owned by --- public ---.
- You can hide the display of the commenter's email address in the notify email to the uploader by unticking the box in Table IV-F10.
- Dramatically reduced the number of queries for the generation of meta tags
- Uploading watermark file caused a fatal error due to non existant function. Fixed.
- Lightbox global stopped working. Fixed.
- On large systems ( > 250.000 photos ) deleting a photo sometimes causes a 500 error. Fixed.
- You can enable an album download link on the album cover in Table VI-C2. If VI-C2.1 is ticked, the original source files will be used if they have been saved during upload/import.
- Cosmetic changes to the schedule date/time display in album admin
- Maintenance procedure Convert filesystem ( VIII-A10 ) stopped working. Fixed.
- On ssl pages, the wppa+ internal symbol images had no secure urls. Fixed.
- The medals and the New indicator on thumbnail images were hidden when the thumbnail frame was some size bigger than the thumbnail size. Fixed.
- on a multisite where WPPA_MULTISITE_GLOBAL is defined as true, the tag widgets did work for the primary blog only. Fixed.
- Every user could edit albuminfo of ---public--- albums at the frontend. This is fixed: album admin rights are now required to do so.
- Treecounts on albumcovers were not always correct. Fixed.
- When album admin was enabled in Table VII-A, and owners only was set, one had access to all albums at backend album admin. Fixed.
- Schedueling of the publication of photos. See the Album admin and Photo admin pages.
- Added mintenance procedures: Re-add file-extensions to photonames and: Create all autopages.
- You can specify the Top criterium for topten displays created by shortcodes in Table IV-E17.
- Many code changes in preparation of video support, to be released in version 5.4.0.
- On the import screen, added a check if an album is selected when the update box is unticked.
- Running slideshow on the lightbox layer stopped when another slideshow was running on the page. Fixed.
- Besides the Edit link there is now also a Delete link under the thumbnail image, if the user is not blacklisted and is the photo owner or administrator, and Uploader edit is enabled in Table VII-D2.
- When Cloudinary activated, photo views in lightbox were not reported. Fixed.
- Fixed page title in list sessions mainenance popup window.
- Lightbox on slide works also on a touchscreen.
- Improved session data handling. This will no longer excessively slow down the system.
- Having the capability Album Admin (wppa_admin) is sufficient to have edit access to an album, the role administrator is no longer required. This affects frontend edit album info.
- If frontend photo edit is enabled in Table VII-D2, there will not only be an edit link in the description area of the slideshow display, but also under the thumbnail display.
- Changing small image sizes stopped reporting that thumbnails should be regenerated when required. Fixed.
- Landing pages will now really only be created when the actually are going to be used and no longer when the link type does not ask for a linkpage.
- The re-creation of wpp-init.[lang].js files and wppa-dynamic.css is now only done when a setting is changed that affects the content of the files.
- Approving a pending photo at the frontend will now properly adjust the counts on the Album Admin page.
- You can edit album name and description at the frontend if it is enabled in Table VII-B1.1.
- You can disable the possibility to rate photos by the uploader himself by unchecking the box in Table IV-E3.1.
- You can force users to give a comment to validate their rating in Table IV-E3.2.
- If a line of text for the textual watermark is too long to fit on the photo, an attempt will be made to break it into two lines.
There should be a space character in the right-hand half of the line. This also works on multiline watermark texts and texts that contain keywords.
- All listing actions are now in Table VIII-C.
- WPPA+ is now fullly compatible with WP 3.9. Use 5.3.3 for WP 3.8.x
- Text under thumbnail popup displayed the photo name even when Table II-D4 was unchecked. Fixed.
- On entering the Settings admin page, an attempt will be made to fix damaged settings caused by improper functioning of delete_option().
The results can be seen in the logfile ( Table VIII-A12 ). You will still have to verify the content of edit fields, because most of them may have an empty content.
- The problem in pathnames on windows servers has been reviewed, tested and is really fixed now.
- You should no longer get a db erroressage referring an invalid name for an index.
- Added keyword w#id to the possible keywords in textual watermarks.
- You should now be able to upload photos from smartphone cameras directly.
- The upload directory structure for multisite now also supports new style multisite.
- The wp function wp_upload_dir(); is no longer used to retrieve the active path to the uploads dir. On many installations this function returns bogus data.
If you changed the names of wp-content and/or the up-loads dir, add the lines to wp-config.php as described above.
- Table VIII-A6 no longer cleans the database for missing photos, but is now named Lost and found, and will recover db entries for 'lost' photos.
- Windows backward filesystem slashes related problems in paths should be fixed now.
- The og description transferred to wppa.js is now properly escaped. Fixes broken slideshows.
- You should see no more [... is no yes/no setting] errors anymore.
- Fixed a layout issue on comments in slideshows.
- The shortcode generator button is absent due to changes in wp 3.9
- You can now repeatedly do Remake Photofiles on an individual photo without the need to reload the page.
- Empty albums that contain empty albums only will now be seen as empty and will therefor be hidden when Table II-E6 is checked.
- Fixed lay-out issues for sharetext.
- Text based watermarks, with dynamic text and the ability to upload new truetype fonts. See Table IX-F.
- Watermark all photos. Table VIII-B9.
- Search results display type can now be set in Table IX-E12.