See for additional information: http://wppa.opajaap.nl/?page_id=1459
- You can no longer copy or move photos to the album where it already is.
- Fixed a css issue that caused problems with lightbox in Weaver II theme.
- Fixed a silent death after upload one image when the php had no exif functions configured.
- You can strip the file-extension at upload/import for the default photoname. Table IX-B11.
- Indexed search. See Table IX-C5.
- If source is available, it can be used for the art monkey link (Table VI-C1.1)
- Performance improvement in album admin.
- Hughe performance improvements in large slideshows with filmstrip.
- Source files are now correctly moved when a photo is moved to an other album.
- Fixed a security issue in comment admin.
- The location (GPX Coordinates) is now editable if that is enabled in Table IX-A17.
- Greatly improved functionality for moderating photos and comments.
See the photo descriptions under thumbnails and slideshow when you have the capabilities wppa_moderate and/or wppa_comments.
- When time-up happens during regeneration of thumbnails or remaking files from source files, an attempt will be made to automatic restart.
A prerequisite is that the server has set its max_execution_time correctly. Enable it in Table IX-A18. You can set max_execution_time in Table IX-A19.
- There is a new capability: wppa_moderate. Users with this capability will see photos at the frontend awaiting moderation together with an approve link.
One click sets the status to publish.
- The 'lightbox on top of page in Chrome feature' can now be switched off in Table IV-G4.
- The album in the breadcrumb now links to the page as defined in the manage album information admmin page.
- The shortcode type type="landing" now works as designed. I.e. displays only when the querystring specifies it, otherwise nothing.
- The GP widget now always supports new shortcodes.
- Fixed the pretty link conversions for links from album covers.
- Lightbox image position for mobile divices running Chrome fixed to 5 pixels from top.
- The Last ten widget no longer shows photos with status pending.
- Fixed the handling of multiline items in backup/restore settings and export/import albums ( album and photo descriptions ).
- Fixed a fatal error when exporting while the php version is good but the class ZipArchive is not present.
- Last ten widget on multiple albums did the first album only. Fixed.
- There is an alternative album cover display type: 'imagefactory' See Table IV-D6 with optionally up to 24 cover images (Table IV-D6.1).
When there are more than one coverimages, the alternate size is applied (Table I-D3.1).
- Image source file management system introduced. See Table IX-H. The source filename is now preserved for more reliable updates of image files.
- JPG Image quality is now settable in Table IX-A16.
- New shortcode type: type="filmonly". Displays a filmstrip only. This is available as shortcode only, not as script.
- The sequence order method of sub-albums can now be set in the parents album information screen.
- Entire directories of photos can now be imported. The album name will be the directory name.
Optionally a wp page can be created that displays the cover of the album.
- Display of geo maps if the photos exif contains geo data. Requires the plugin Google-Maps-GPX-Viewer, and the word w#location in the custom box content.
The intermediate shortcode can be edited in Table IX-F5.
- Hiding empty albums for non admin and non owners is now settable in Table IV-D7.
- Added code to prevent crash during import, upload and regenerate thumbnails due to max_execution_time limit exceeded.
This will only work when the servers php properly reports max_execution_time by a call to ini_get().
- Import with the update check on will now update all photos in the system that have the name of the file.
The name of the photo is no longer required to be the filename for update actions.
The filename is saved along with the photo information.
- You can switch off the saving of iptc and/or exif data during upload/import in Table IX-H.
- Cosmetic changes to Album admin and Photo admin.
- Auto clean of db and photofiles is discontinued ( Table IX-A4 ) as it is too dangerous, especially during migrations to a different server.
You can only cleanup on Table VIII-A6 now; no files will be deleted, only error messages will be priinted.
- Some themes require a switch to prevent the display of a placeholder like [WPPA+ Photo display]. Setting is Table IV-A5.
- Ajax new url from a thumbnail to a slideshow is now also converted to pretty if pretty links is on.
- The inside page history tracking in modern browsers ( not being IE ) can now be switched off in Table IV-A4: Update addressline.
- A spinner is displayed during an ajax action so visitors know that there is something happening after their mouseclick.
- Fixed some obsolete information in the Help & Info admin page; changed the scripts to the shortcodes, to help beginners into the right direction.
- You can now put your customized wppa-style.css in a child themes directory ( stylesheet directory ).
This will have the highest priority. If not found there, the themes dir wil be searched ( template directory ).
If still nothing: the wppa-style.css in the plugins dir wil be used (standard).
- Language files update.
- Cosmetic changes to Album admin for non administrators
- Create new empty album stopped working. Fixed.
- All widget contents end with a div clear:both now.
- The stars of the rating have display: inline now.
- Sub albums can be created on the Album admin table.
- You can limit the number of albums a user not having administrator rights can create in Table IX-B8.
- Table IX-B9: if checked: selecting alt thumbsize in album admin requires administrator rights.
- Table IX-B10: if checked: selecting a link page in album admin requires administrator rights.
- If owner only is on, a user not having administrator rights will only see the flat album table.
- If owner only is on, grant an album is on and a grant parent is defined, the user not having administrator rights can no longer create top-level albums.
- The ownership of an album can only be changed by an administrator.
- If owner only is on, a user not having administrator rights can set the parent of his albums only to other albums he owns or to a public album.
- Pagination on Manage photos. Pagesize settable in Table IX-A14.
- Page size of Comment admin settable in Table IX-A15.
- Default tags on album basis.
- Treecount. Table II-D5. If checked: displays on the album cover in parenthesis the total number of albums and photos in the album subtree if the numbers differ from the content of the album.
- Cosmetic and performance improvements Comment Admin.
- On admin upload: If upload moderate is off and the user has no album admin rights, the initial status of new uploads was pending, is now publish.
- On admin upload: The checkboxes 'After upload go to the edit album admin page' will read 'After upload go to the edit photo admin page' if the user has no album admin rights and will work as indicated.
- On admin upload: Box C ( Upload zip ) will only show up now if the user has import rights.
- On admin upload: If no album is selected, a warning will be displayed and no upload done before an unknown album error message is displayed.
- Fixed erroneous return url after frontend upload. The visitor will come back to the same page in all circumstances.
- Fixed the fact that a photo number in the querystring was applied to all slideshows on the page that contained the photo.
Now it works only on the occurrence it is intented for.
- Shortcodes are no longer displayed in share descriptions.
- Implemented an interface to the plugin Simple Cart And Buy Now, enabling a smooth co-operation of a shopping cart system.
See This documentation page for detailed information.
- The covers of empty albums will only be displayed for administrators and for the owner of the albums.
- Setting IX-A7 ( Allow foreign shortcodes ) has been split into 7.1: for fullsize (slideshow) descriptions and 7.2: for thumbnails (in an album view).
Shortcodes that are registered by add_shortcode() will be expanded where allowed in Table IX, or removed where not.
Shortcodes that are not registerd will display as is.
- Due to a typo it was not possible to restore a settings back-up file. Fixed.
- The visitor can now select wether photos should have all tags (and) or any tag (or) set in the Photo Tags Filter widget.
- Setting Table II-A1: Show breadcrumb, has been split into 1a (for posts) and 1b (for pages).
- If Table IX-C2.1 is checked, searching will include the tags to be searched.
- HTML img alt attribute type can be set in Table IX-A13.
- Under some circumstances like in the Photo Tags widget, the querystring was not interpreted. Fixed.
- Fixed a spurious error that caused the shortcode generator to display an empty dialogbox (pathed during 4.9.7).
- Under some circumstances the language setting was lost during navigation. Fixed.
- If Table II-B5.1 is checked: add the uploaders display name in parenthesis to the photo name in the slideshow photo name box.
- If Table II-C1.1 is checked: add the uploaders display name in parenthesis to the photo name under the thumbnail.
- Comment notify ( Table IV-F5 ) has been extended with 3 new selection options: Uploader, Uploader and admin, Uploader and Albumowner.
There will be no duplicate emails to the same user when there is more than one reasons to send him an email notification.
- If Table II-A9 is checked: display in the breadcrumb box an iconic link to a thumbnail display of the photos in a slideshow.
- When the shortcode specifies a slideshow, and rating does not use ajax, the returnurl showed a single image in stead of the slideshow. Fixed.
- The number of comments shown on the thumbnail popup is now for the approved comments only.
- The selection list for album in upload box A is now properly filtered on albums that has the user access to.
- If Checked in Table VII-B5, Any logged in user with upload rights can edit the photo information of his own photos, regardless of album admin rights.
If he has no album admin rights, he will have a menuitem: Edit Photos that enables him to edit all his photos.
- Table VII-B has been renumbered.
- Pagination now also works for searchresults and selecting on tags.
- Zooming out in the browser while the albums are displayed in more than one column corrupts the display. Fixed.
- On some installations it was no longer possible to create new albums. Fixed now also for Grant an Album.
- On some installations it was no longer possible to create new albums. Fixed.
- Cosmetic changes to notification emails
- Language files updates and new languages
- Cube points frontend upload was calculated wrong. Fixed.
- Fixed (removed) CR for proper utf8 encoding of email notifications.
- The texts Average rating and My rating now also have shorthands for small container widths.
- There is a red cross in the rating bar. Clicking will register a 'dislike'.
After a certain 'dislikes' by different users, admin will receive a notification email.
This feature is configurable in Table II-B7.1. Entering 0 will disble this feature. Default is 5.
- You can display the number of comments on the popup image ( Table II-C6.1 )
- You can specify that admin receives a notification by email at a frontend photo upload. ( Table VII-B3.0 ).
- On entering the Settings page, a check is done if the selected linkpages still exist.
- Cosmetic changes to email notifications.
- Fixed a few translatable sentences.
- Fixed a few cosmetic and security issues around multitags and empty slideshows.
- Fixed a pagination problem with multitag thumbnail results.
- Added header data in notification emails for charset utf-8
- Added Polish language files, updated others.
- When the selection in a slideshow is #all ( all photos ),
refreshing the page or returning from voting or commenting resulted in a slideshow with the photos of the photos album only. Fixed.
- The input to the Search Widget is now properly filterd to prevent cross-site scripting attacks.
- There is a new linktype from thumbnails ( generic thumbnails, tumbnail-, lasten-, topten- and comten-widget thumbnails ) to the single photo in the style of a slideshow.
- There is a new widget: Photo Tags Filter that allows the visitor to select photos having more than one tags at the same time.
- Admin will have the Edit link now always in the fullsize photo description.
- Fixed breadcrumb bug preventing the display of album=#all contents.
- Cube Points added for frontend uploads (Table IX-F3).
- The supply of an album id that does not exist will always produce an errormessage rather than processing the default generic album.
- Orphan albums will automaticly have the parent set to --- separate --- on entering the album admin page.
- Cover linkpage will automaticly be reset to --- same page or post --- when the page is moved to trash on entering the album admin page.
- The filmstrip content is now adjusted when the size of the container changes.
- Fixed an admin hang when there was a deleted parentalbum and Table IX-A12 was checked.
- Tags on photos. See Album admin -> Manage photos: input field and selection box, Photo Tag Cloud widget and settings: Table II-A3.3, Table VI-C3.
- There is a button on the album admin -> manage album information screen to go to the upload page directly if the user has the rights to do so.
- If Table IX-B3 is set: There is a button on the album admin -> manage album information screen to set all photo descriptions
to the New photo description as set in Table IX-B4.
- You can specify an alternative thumbnail size on a per album basis. Size settings are in Table I-C1a,3a,4a.
- If you are logged in and are the owner of the photo ( or admin ) and have album admin rights,
there will be an Edit link in the fullsize photo description that allows you to edit the photo information directly.
- The album selection in the shortcode generator now also respects the hiėrarchical display setting in Table IX-A12.
- Changing the status of a comment in the comment admin page is Ajaxified and no longer requires pressing the Save Changes button.
- Changed treatment of missing IPTC and EXIF data.
In the IPTC and EXIF boxes: if the status is set to optional in Table X and XI, the itemlines will be omitted.
In the photo description the missing tag values will no longer show the tag but will be replaced by n.a..
- The option settings are 'cached' into a single option to improve initialisation performance.
- The HTML tags in album and photo desciptions will be balanced prior to displaying, regardless of the setting in Table IX-A2.
- Fixed a problem in the pagelinks in the breadcrumb.
- New Album keyword #comten. Represents the last commented photos. Acts similar as #topten and #lasten.
- Two settings added in Table II-A: show breadcrumb on comten displays: II-A3.2, and show pages in breadcrumb: II-A4.1.
- You can specify to what width of the slideshow small texts must be used.
This is a dynamical setting i.e. the textsize changes on the fly for responsive themes. Table I-B7: Mini treshold.
- The slideshow did not come back after adding a comment when the original slideshow came frm the comment widget. Fixed.
- The album slection box in admin pages can display the album hierarchy to facilitate locating the right album. Table IX-A12.
- Grant an album could not be turned off. Fixed.
- Due to recent code changes, the information on which album to be used in the sidebar slideshow was lost. Fixed.
- The sharelink to Pinterest initially showed the wrong button icon. Fixed.
- RSS feeds for Single image slideshows did not show an image. Fixed.
- The ampersand character is now correctly processed in shares when it appears in the blogtitle.
- Links now always work when the lading page contains a shortcode/script of other types than generic or landing.
- When pretty links are enabled, spaces were removed in a searchstring. Fixed by replacing them with underscores.
- Transparency of png images is now preserved in thumbnails.
- You can have the album description in the custom box. Add w#albdesc as a shortcode for the album description.
- Added Social media share buttons for Google+ and Pinterest (Table II-B21.5,6).
- Grant an album (Table IX-B6,7). If checked: for any user who has upload rights a default album will be created
if there is not yet an album with him as owner as soon as he logs in. (Requires Table VII-B1: Owners only).
- Coversize is height (Table I-D3.1) works only when Coverphoto pos is top or bottom (Table IV-D3).
This makes it easyer to make the covers equal in height.
- Share a single image (Table II-B21.99). The sharelink points to a page with a single image like a slideshow rather than the photo in the slideshow.
- Changes made to be compatible with WP 3.5: Fix in TinyMCE shortcode generator and fixes to warning prepare() arg 2.
- To prevent disappointments, the settings that have no help text do no longer show a questionmark button.
- Thumbnail popups were vertically misplaced when Table II-C8 (display album description on thumbnail area) was set to top. Fixed.
- The lightbox background was not large enough for an ipad in portrait position. Fixed.
- The photo of the day, when set to day of month is order# will now display the correct image and change on 24.00 based on the blogs timezone set in wp Settings -> General.
- You can switch off the display of the "Comment Added/Edited" alert box in Table IV-F6.
- The album cover photo can now link to lightbox, giving sets of the album contents.
- The Album widget thumbnails can now link to lightbox, giving sets of the respective album contents.
- The date/time of upload on the album admin -> edit -> manage photos page is now based on the blogs timezone set in wp Settings -> General.
- The Twitter Intent Tweet now displays the working link to the image you wanted to share.
- The Hyves Tip now shows spaces where spaces are expected in place of plus signs.
- The links form standard thumbnails to slideshow are Ajaxified for normal albums
(not for special photo selections like topten, lasten or search results) where possible (same page/post, no new tab, no pso).
- Fix for special chars in photo names.
- The photo of the day display method selction Change every has been expanded with day of month is order#
- Pretty links are automaticly disabled when the permalink structure is default or when the super global $_ENV["SCRIPT_URI"] is not set and will no longer result in not found errors.
- Removed spurious html tags from the description used for social media sharing.
- Fix for special chars in album names.
- You can set the behaviour of the filmstrip thumbnails to go to the indicated slide on hovering. Table IV-B13.
- If a file wppa.min.js exists, it will be loaded in place of wppa.js. A minified wppa.min.js is supplied and saves approx. 25 kb data load.
- The Share box can be switched on for slideshows in widgets, not being slideonly slideshows like the slideshow widget.
- The size of the social media icons in the Share box is selectable: 16 or 32 pixels. In widgets it is 16 px always.
- New box in the slideshow: Share box. Contains links to social media that work.
Shares the url showing the photo, name and description of the photo where the box is displayed under.
You can configure the box in Table II-B21, and move it upwards in Table IX-E.
- The creation and interpretation of 'Pretty Links' is supported now. Enable in Table IV-A3. Table IV-A2 must be unchecked for this setting to work properly!
- Discontinued support of AddThis. addthis.update() does not work properly for url and title, and does not exist for image and description.
Also the documentation of addthis.update() is no longer findable in the addthis api documentation. The use of addThis is no longer encouraged.
The dynamic updates from wppa+ have been removed.
- Removed diagnostics and some code that is no longer required.
- Due to a reorganisation, the link selections were mixed up in Table VI. Fixed.
- There is a new widget: Thumbnail Albums widget. It shows album cover image thumbnails that link to
either the content of the album (sub-albums and thumbnails) or to a slidshow of the content photos.
- There is a new widget: QR Widget. It shows a qr code that will be updated at wppa+ Ajax operations and slideshow browsing and running.
- The qrcode can alternatively be displayed in the photo description box in the slideshow. All QR code settings are in Table IX-G.
- You can now have the album description at the top or at the bottom of the thumnail area display. (Table II-C8).
- You can switch off the automatic opening of the comment box when the slideshow does not run. (Table IV-B12).
- Table VI has been reorganized and sub-devided into separate sections.
- wppa-theme.php and wppa-style.css have been changed. If you have them, check your optional copies in your theme dir.
- For users who do not like the collapsable album table: You can now switch to the 'old style' flat table, back and forth.
- A link to the manage photo's page has been added in the comment moderation email.
- Pages with new style shortcode can now also be selected as target page in the comment admin.
- Album names containing double quotes caused layout problems in IE8. Fixed.
- Clearing the ratings of the photos in an empty album no longer causes an error message.
- The display of the album list in the main screen of the Album Admin page now shows only top-level albums.
Clicking the arrow expands the subalbum tree one level etc.
- You can now check boxes on the upload screen to go to the album admin after upload directly. The most recent state is remembered.
- Fixed return urls after commenting from topten or lasten widgets.
- Fixed layout issues of comments.
- Due to a recent code change the share urls and history pushstate urls contained & amp; in stead of simple &. Fixed.
- The tooltip "Zoom in" can be switched off in Table II-F.
- Cosmetic changes to the slideshow comment area.
- Admin did not always get a moderate link on a comment notification email. Fixed.
- Table II-F has been expanded with settings for single and single media type photos.
- Cosmetic changes to the comment admin page while moderating comment from email notification.
- cosmetic changes to the comment notification email.
- When using qTranslate and being switched to a non-default language, the content is now always in the right language independant of the ajax switch.
- Fixed bugs in AddThis interface.
- The popup of a portrait image is horizontally centered during animation now.
- The name and description can be set to display in two separate boxes in the slideshow. Table IX-E13.
- If the name and description are displayed in separate boxes, the display of an empty description box can be suppressed in Table II-B6.1.
- Type of sharelink for AddThis is now configurable in Table IX-F3.
- You can select which user(s) will receive a notification by email on entring a new comment. Table IV-F5.
If the user has the right to admin comments, a moderatelink is included in the mail.
- Further reduction on database queries to an average of approx 20% compared with version 4.7.12
- Check on sufficient memory on upload can be switched off (Table VII-B3.1 -B3.2) for systems where the computation fails and uploads are no longer possible.
If during the calculation it becomes obvious that the result is unreliable, this check takes no action.
- Significant performance improvements when there are no exif and iptc tags in photo descriptions.
- Significant performance improvements due to the reduction of database queries to approx 35% in comparision with the previous version.
- Exif values like: 'On, Red-eye reduction' are now translatable.
- Added debug info on queries.
- Added statistics under the album table in the Photo albums -> Album admin page
- When ajax is on and the frontend language is different from the admin language, some words in the slideshow like Faster and Slower became untranslated. Fixed.
- Fix for memory check on upload where memory_limit set to -1 (unlimited), revised calculation.
- Fix for link error in coverimage when ajax resulting in scrolling up the page.
- All users that can edit posts or edit pages will have the wppa+ album shortcode button above the visual editor.
- Network administrators can decide to run wppa+ in single site mode. Add to wp-config.php: define ('WPPA_MULTISITE_GLOBAL', true); Do not apply in existing installations!
- Improved check on sufficient memory during upload. Also added messages on what the max uploadeable photo pixelsize is. You should no longer get crashes due to out of memory errors.
- Added Turkish translation frontend.
- Fixed errors in comment admin when no linkpage was selected.
- The frontend upload dialog will now have the correct initial width in responsive themes and where size is auto.
- You can apply a watermark to an existing photo on the Album admin -> Manage photos admin screen.
To enable the user to select a watermark on the manage photos screen, check Table IX-D1: Watermark
AND - if the user has no right to change settings (See Table VII-A) - Table IX-D2: User watermark.
- You can preview the fullsize image in a new browsertab by clicking the thumbnail on the Album admin -> Manage photos admin screen.
After applying a watermark, press CTRL+F5 to see the changes you made.
- The rule above that a watermark is selectable not only if Table IX-D2 is checked but also if the user has
the right to change settings (e.g. the default watermark) applies to all corresponding locations (front-end and upload/import screen).
- When using the wp editor (Table IX-A11) the update buttons in the album admin page show a spinner while processing the update request.
- Download button added to the fullsize popup with print button. Save image or zip under its original name (Art Monkey type of link).
- New wppa display type added: slphoto. Displays a single photo in the style of a slideshow, without navigation boxes,
but with rating and comment as configured for slideshows.
- If you specify both album and photo in a shortcode for a slideshow, the slideshow will start at the specified photo.
Works in new shortcode only as scripts do not allow the specification of both album and photo.
- The display of the x/y counter in lightbox displays is now settable in Table II-F9
- Added an option to run wpautop on fullsize descriptions Table IV-B11.
- Fixed js error that stopped slideshow under some circumstances
- Filmstrip pagesize fixed when size is fraction.
- Swipe on slideshow (left-right) is supposed to work on all mobile devices now.
- You can now link the fullsize name to an imagefile or a zipfile containing the photo with the name as filename. Table VI-12: Art Monkey Link.
- Swipe on lightbox (left-right) is supposed to work on all mobile devices now.
- New tab on link from slide to plain file now works.
- Link form slide to lightbox now displays the selected magnifier cursor.
- New style and old style shortcodes can now also be mixed in a single page/post when they contain slideshows and Table IX-A7 is checked (Allow foreign shortcodes).
- Font characteristics for wppa lightbox overlay text are now settable in Table V-9.
- Pages containing the new style shortcode are now also selectable as target page in Table VI
- The state of the 'Create new style shortcoe' selectionbox is now remembered in a cookie.
- Sidebar slideshow now displays (or not) name and description as asked for in the widget activation screen.
- Added padding 0 to slidshow elements in wppa-style.css
- Added order by timestamp for album order method (Table IV-D1)
- The previous wppa+ version is now recorded for support purposes
- Thumbnail popup failed under some circumstances in chrome and safari. Fixed.
- Removed erroneous #'s from links when ajax is enabled, causing ajax and some links not to work properly.
- The update of the url (and hence the history.pusState) no longer happens on a single slidechange when there is no album in the url.
- Fixed a fimwindow alignment problem that only showed up in sites that could not provide a link to show it.
- Fixed a problem where links at the top of the page did no longer work after closure of a lightbox display.
- The space between avg and my rating is now settable in Table II-E4
- The shortcode generator now optionally creates new style shortcodes.
The use of new style shortcodes is experimental, it is encouraged to be used by experienced users, but not yet granted to work always.
- You can now decide to use the wp editor in places of multiline inputs in Table IX-A11.
- You can select one out of three sizes magnifier cursor for lightbox in Table I-G2.
- You can specify a fraction for the %%width=..%% script token. It implies auto.
- Plugin load time and initialisation time measurements added in diagnostic mode.
- Resizing the browser window when lightbox is open does the image resize when it is part of a set, but not when it is a single image. Fixed.
- You can now specify what you want in the subtitle of a lightbox display in Table II-F3..8
- Photo of the day: when linked to lightbox, the name of the photo was Zoom in. Fixed.
- Now supports the plugin Cube Points. You can assign points to Comments and Rating votes in Table IX-F.
- The Settings page now passes W3C validation.
- The embedded lightbox now also initializes when it is active on any linksources but not on slideshows.
- The thumbnail popups popped down to zero dimensions in Chrome. Fixed.
- The links to lightbox in the slideshow did not function for even numbered slides when animation type was a fading type. Fixed.
- In lightbox: If the picture is very landscape, so the width is the limiting factor, it will be properly downsized now.
- It is no longer required to have Table II-D2 checked in order to make Table VI-11 set to slideshow window to work.
- The search widget has an optional textfield before the edit box at widget activation. It may contain HTML.
- Single photos and Media type photos can link to lightbox.
- The photos album name is displayed on the comment admin and the comment edit screens.
- If the (admin) user has the rights to admin comments, he will be able to change the comment status on the Album Admin-> Manage Photos screen.
The status 'trash' has the meaning: delete when the screen is refreshed/reopened or when the comment admin page is opened.
- Cosmetic changes to the Settings screen. All tables and subtables can be toggled on/of by clicking the header bar.
- The concept of single photos has been re-implemented. Links are settable in Table VI-0.
This implementation skips all superfluous overhead and it is possible now to have multiple photos in a row without vertical alignment problems;
just use %%align=left%% and put all script tokens together without newlines.
- The Big Browse Buttons are now each 1/3 of the slideframe wide, allowing the middle part to link to lightbox or a Photo Specific link.
- Links to lightbox show a magnifier cursor and tooltip: Zoom in. (Only in browsers that support url cursors).
- Table II-D has been slightly changed. Item 1 (Covertext) applies to the album description only now.
Item 4 has been added to switch the View link on/off separately.
Please review the settings in Table II-D if the display has changed after the update to this version.
- Resizing the browser window when lightbox is open does the image resize when it is part of a set, but not when it is a single image.
If anybody can supply me a fix for this, i would be very glad.
- The Tinymce shortcode generator now supports all possible script combinations, including the most simple 'generic album'
and the extended features on #topten and #lasten.
- The Tinymce shortcode generator did not show album previews when the photo order was descending. Fixed.
- Fixed redundant slashes in thumbnail popup description causing html attributes not to act as intented.
- The E-mail adresses in the comment admin page are now links to the mail program to enable quick replies.
- Almost all static texts in the Tinymce shortcode generator are now translatable.
- The Tinymce shortcode generator now also displays previews of --- special --- albums like #topten etc.
- Minor cosmetic changes to the shortcode dialog.
- If the plugin Ultimate TinyMCE is installed (and is up to rev 2.7.1) the WPPA+ Shortcode button can be positiond in that plugins Settings Page.
- IPTC and EXIF tags were not converted in thumbnail popup descriptions. Fixed.
- Fixed a number of layout problems for ver 4 browsers (IE7,8) when Table I-A1 is set to auto.
- Size and position of the images in the wppa lightbox overlay are now correct for IE7,8.
- The visual editor has an extra button: WPPA+ Gallery Shortcode. This makes the creation of the wppa+ script tags easy.
- The display of time since upload can now be switched on/off at activation of the LasTen widget.
- You can select a combination of albums in the LasTen widget.
- Animation type 'turnover' for slideshows does not work in IE7,8; the slideshow will not run and single images are not displayed properly.
- Fixed sidebar slideshow layout when portrait only for version 4 browsers (IE7,8).
- Fixed lightbox layout for ver. 4 browsers.
- Fixed a qTranslate problem i.c.w. Table II-C5.1 being checked.
- Improved lightbox display in IE < 9, its not great yet
- Fixed unknown v align and h aligh errors
- There were a few slideshow display and alignment problems. Fixed.
- The settings in Table I-B1 and 2 (Fullsize width and height) now also limit the maximum display size when Table I-A1 is set to 'auto', i.e. in responsive (mobile) themes.
- Fixed a slideshow layout issue where column width not auto and fullsize smaller than column width.
- The Edit Album display now shows the comments at each photo.
- There is a new widget: LasTen. It displays the n most recently uploaded photos. Its settings are like those for the topten widget.
- There is a new script keyword: %%album=#lasten%% optional album id and count like: %%album=#lasten,4,7%%.
- WPPA+ is now compatible with responsive themes (mobile themes). Tested with Responsive, Fluid blogging and SimpleX.
To use wppa+ on a responsive theme: Set Table I-A1 to auto, Set the width in the slideshow widget to auto and
do not use any %%size=...%% script tokens unless you incidently want a fixed width display.
- You can select month as the period in the photo of the day admin.
- Fixed filmstrip length problem in auto column width.
- Fixed slideframe width problem in auto column width.
- To reduce the overhead of SEO code you can now switch the two metatag mechanisms off independantly. (Table IX-A9 and 10).
- You can now only select pages that contain %%wppa%% as the page to display search results on. (Table IX-C1).
- You can now only select pages that contain %%wppa%% as the page to link to in Table VI.
- The animation in the embedded lightbox for images that were smaller than the maximum possible ended with a shift to the left. Fixed.
- Fixed a layout issue for the left/right arrows in the embedded lightbox for some installations.
- Fixed a pagination problem that caused the first page to be empty and redundant when %%album=#topten...%% was used.
- The subtitles in %%mphoto=..%% are displayed properly now even when they contain html and html is allowed.
- There is a maximum upload system in place. See Table IX-B5 and the Edit Album admin page.
Limits can be set on an album basis (with a default on creation time set in Table IX-B5) and are only changeable by administrators.
- You can set whether slideonly starts running or not in Table IV-B3.1.
- All the 7 widgets can now have an empty title and will hide the widget title box when the title is blank.
- A layout issue of the navigation arrows in the filmstrip for certain font families in firefox fixed. (Hotfix 4.6.1.001).
- The admin bar at the frontend did not always have the proper submenu items. Fixed (Hotfix 4.6.1.002).
- Only administrators can now edit or delete ---public--- albums.
- The fade-in speed of the lightbox overlay image can now be set in Table IV-G3.
- Frontend upload now also allows the input of photo name.
- Prevented a possible error when converting from old wp photo album (without plus)
- Made a change that will enable the use of google libraries (in 4.6.0)
- Special characters will now be processed as expected when editing album and photo names and descriptions as well as in text on the Settings screen.
- Fixed a typo (camara) in the default new photo description. This helps only for new installations or when you reset all settings to default values on Table VIII-A3.
- You can now strip html anchor tags in descriptions under thumbnail popups in Table II-C5.1.
- You can select the location(s) where the pagelink bar will be placed, on top of the album content display, at the bottom(default) or both.
This feature requires the use of the newly supplied wppa-theme.php. Setting: Table II-A8.
- You can set the vertical wppa+ box spacing in Table I-A7.
- There are built-in checks for a few theme and initialisation requirements.
In case of non-compliance an errormessage will be displayed if one of three possible debug switches are in effect:
WPPA_DEBUG set true in wppa.php, WP_DEBUG is set true in wp-config.php or (?|&)debug is appended to the url.
- The removal of normally unwanted spaces caused by p and br tags when Table IX-A7 is checked (foreign shortcodes)
is now optional and can be set on Table IV-B10.
- Importand server side and page load performance improvement. The IPTC data, EXIF data and photo description for fullsize photos and
slideshows is now only generated and loaded when it is actually needed. I.e not in cases of slideonly(f).
- Exif tag E#9204 is now formatted (if not empty) by appending ' EV'.
- Number of lines set to auto in Table I-G1 now also works.
- The spinner image is now displayed only when there is no image visible in the slide frame.
- Scrolling by 'page' in filmstrip added (double angle brackets, the single angle brackets act as next and previous now).
- Added configuration settings to the new wppa-embedded lightbox functionality: 1: number of lines in description (Table I-G1),
2: Label text to the Close cross (Table II-F1), 3: Background opacity (Table IV-G1), 4: Action on click on background (Table IV-G2).
- You can select ---all--- albums in the slideshow widget.
- Added album id keyword #all. You can use %%album=#all%% and %%slide=#all%% etc. %%cover=#all%% is meaningless and will return nothing.
- In the topten widget you can select order method either 'By mean value' (as before) or 'By number of votes' (new).
To the options in Table IV-C1 order by number of votes has been added.
- Global photo order select can now also be by Timestamp in Table IV-C1.
- Improved and detailed error reporting in case of wppa database problems after a (partially) failed plugin update.
- Frontend upload should support .png files but returned an error. Fixed.
- Fixed a pagelink album number where the script indicated an album number and we are looking to paginated thumbnails of a (grand)child album.
- A new lightbox module has been implememted. Just set Table IX-A6 to wppa to enable it. No other plugin or library required.
When applied to the full-size slide image (Table VI-8a set to lightbox) the entire slideshow will be browseable.
- You can uncheck the User upload login switch (Table VII-B0) to enable anonymus uploads. Be carefull, read the Help (?) first!
- Changed the default lightbox keyword to wppa
- Changing fontsize for Numbar active elements will do it now.
- You can specify font specs for Numbar Active element. A known restriction is that changing the fontsize does not work.
- The photo of the day album selection finally works as designed.
- Random topten photo of the day now works also!
- The lightbox on a thumbnail widget will show the collection of the photos of the widget involved only, no longer of all the thumbnail widgets together.
- Same for the topten widget.
- The upload screen Box A now also displays a list of the selected files.
- You can set the search mechanism to search for photos only (Table IX-C3).
- The 3 js files for the frontend are now combined into one: wppa.js. This reduces page load file accesses.
- Improved check on filetype when uploading watermark file.
- When Ajax is enabled and the browser supports history.pushState the stack is maintained also when the slideshow is the only non-widget running show.
- Same for update of addthis linkurl and title. (despite bugs in addthis code).
- When the delete checkbox was unchecked for import photos, the files were deleted anyway.
This also generated a warning message during import on the attempt to remove a tempfile that was already removed.
- You can link filmstrip images to lightbox containing the full range of photos in the slideshow, as opposed to the standard direct goto feature. Table VI-10.
- Of all combinations of user roles and wppa+ menuitems the capability can be set to grant or deny. This fully implements the WP role/capability feature.
If you changed the standard access configuration it may be required to visit Table VII-A and check/modify the configuration. Administrators will have all accessrights always.
- There is a switch that enables the check on correctly closing the html tags when entering album and photo descriptions. (Table IX-A2).
- Restructured and renumbered Settings tables. Please visit the settings page to get used to the improved lay-out.
- Removed obsolete settings and actions.
- Changed the example new photo description.
- When the requested display size of any photo is not larger than the thumbnail image file, the thumnbnail image file will be used.
If you have set Table I-C2 to anything different from the default --- same as fullsize --- you may wish to switch this off on Table I-C9.
This will dramatically improve the page load performance.
- If the display of comments, iptc and/or exif data is switched off, the code for these boxes is no longer generated.
This will dramatically improve the server response time in case one or more of these features are switched off.
- The thumbnail popup showed the name twice. Fixed.
- When using ajax (Table IV-33) and lightbox on thumbnails (Table VI-2a), the thumbnail display required refreshment for lightbox to work properly. Fixed.
- You can now do a multiple selection on photos to upload. Both on the Upload admin screen as on the frontend upload.
This feature requires a modern browser that supports HTML-5 and will not work on I.E. including I.E.9.
- You can now set the rating display to Numeric as opposed to Graphic in Table II-13a. Especially usefull when the rating is set to Extended (10) in Table I-28.
- A new widget has been added: Thumbnail widget. It displays a settable number of thumbnails from one album or from the system. See Table I-30,31; VI-9abcd.
- Temp files will be removed after upload.
- Supplied Tools VIII-13a and 13b to correct ratings.