This plugin is designed to easily manage and display your photo albums and slideshows within your WordPress site.
- You can create various albums that contain photos as well as sub albums at the same time.
- There is no limitation to the number of albums and photos.
- There is no limitation to the nesting depth of sub-albums.
- You have full control over the display sizes of the photos.
- You can specify the way the albums are ordered.
- You can specify the way the photos are ordered within the albums, both on a system-wide as well as an per album basis.
- The visitor of your site can run a slideshow from the photos in an album by a single mouseclick.
- The visitor can see an overview of thumbnail images of the photos in album.
- The visitor can browse through the photos in each album you decide to publish.
- Individual thumbnails and slides can be linked to off site urls.
- You can add a Photo of the day Sidebar Widget that displays a photo which can be changed every hour, day or week.
- You can add a Search Sidebar Widget which enables the visitors to search albums and photos for certain words in names and descriptions.
- You can enable a rating system and a supporting Top Ten Photos Sidebar Widget that can hold a configurable number of high rated photos.
- You can enable a comment system that allows visitors to enter comments on individual photos.
- You can add a recent comments on photos Widget.
- Apart from the full-size slideshows you can add a Sidebar Widget that displays a mini slideshow.
- There is a widget to display a number of most recently uploaded photos. It can be configured systemwide and/or on an album basis.
- There is a General Purpose widget that is a text widget wherein you can use wppa+ script commands.
- There is an album widget that displays thumbnail images that link to album contents.
- There is a QR code widget that will be updated when the content of the page changes.
- There is a tag cloud widget and a multi tag widget to quickly get a selection of photos with (a) certain tag(s).
- There is an upload widget that allows for frontend uploads even when no wppa+ display is on the page.
- Almost all appearance settings can be done in the settings admin page. No php, html or css knowledge is required to customize the appearence of the photo display.
- International language support for static text: Currently included foreign languages files: Dutch, Japanese, French(outdated), Spanish, German.
- International language support for dynamic text: Album and photo names and descriptions fully support the qTranslate multilanguage rules.
- Contains embedded lightbox support but also supports lightbox 3.
- You can add watermarks to the photos.
- The plugin supports IPTC and EXIF data.
- Supports WP supercache. The cache will be cleared whenever required for wppa+.
- Supports Cube Points. You can assign points to comments and votes.
- There is an easy way to import existing NextGen galleries into WPPA+ albums.
Plugin Admin Features:
You can find the plugin admin section under Menu Photo Albums on the admin screen.
- Photo Albums: Create and manage Albums.
- Upload photos: To upload photos to an album you created.
- Import photos: To bulk import photos to an album that are previously been ftp'd.
- Settings: To control the various settings to customize your needs.
- Sidebar Widget: To specify the behaviour for an optional sidebar photo of the day widget.
- Help & Info: Much information about how to...
There are translations in many languages. The frontend and admin sides are separately translatable.
* Dutch translation by OpaJaap himself (Opa Jaap's Weblog) (both)
* Slovak translation by Branco Radenovich (WebHostingGeeks.com) (frontend)
* Polish translation by Maciej Matysiak (both)