View the Install Guide |
Install through the WordPress Admin
- It is recommended that you use the built in WordPress installer to install plugins.
- Multisite Networks: Network Admin > Plugins Menu > Add New Button
- Standalone WordPress: Site Dashboard > Plugins Menu > Add New Button
- In the Search box, enter: My Admin Bar
- Click Install Now and proceed through the plugin setup process.
- Activate / Network Activate the plugin when asked.
- If you have returned to the Plugin Admin, locate "WP My Admin Bar" Plugin and click the Activate link.
Upload and Install
- If uploading, upload the /wp-my-admin-bar/ folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder for your Worpdress install.
- Then open the WordPress Admin:
- Multisite Networks: Network Admin > Plugins Menu
- Standalone WordPress: Site Dashboard > Plugins Menu
- Locate the WP My Admin Bar Plugin in your listing of plugins. (sort by Inactive)
- Click the Activate link to start the plugin.
- Multisite Network: Access the Network Admin > Settings > Admin Bar - Network settings adjust all Websites within the Network.
- Multisite Standalone Website: Site Dashboard > Settings > Admin Bar - Only adjusts this Websites settings but can be overwritten by Network admin.
- Standalone WordPress: Site Dashboard > Settings > Admin Bar - Adjusts this Websites Admin Bar settings.
- The "Menu Display Options" controls the "My Sites" "My Cache" and "My Tools" menu display on the Admin Bar.
- Select either [show] or [hide] for each menu that you would like to use.
- The "My Cache Menu Display Options" displays the items within the "My Cache" menu.
- Select [show] ONLY if this WordPress install uses the listed Cache Plugin.
My Cache Menu:
- By default the My Cache menu and options are hidden. (turned off)
- Turn on the My Cache menu under the Menu Display Options settings section.
- Adjust which cache plugins display under the My Cache Menu Display Options.
Custom Settings (Network, Standalone Activation)
Access the Custom Settings Tab:
- Multisite Networks: Network Admin > Settings > Admin Bar > Custom Settings Tab
- Multisite Standalone Websites: Dashboard > Settings > Admin Bar > Custom Settings Tab
- Standalone WordPress: Dashboard > Settings > Admin Bar > Custom Settings Tab
The Custom Settings Tab allows you to adjust the display of the WordPress Logo and Howdy statement within the Admin Bar.
For Multisite Setups: Remove the WP Icon from the Menus and replace it with Site ID's. This makes the menus snap open a bit faster.
- Recommended Setting For Networks: Hide the first 3 options (WP logo, Howdy, and WP Icon). Select show for Site ID's.