- !! PHP 5 !! <-- IMPORTANT, Wp-Gallery-Remote does NOT work with PHP4!
- allow_url_fopen must be activated (On) in your server's php.ini (some hoster deactivate this setting by default!)
- Gallery Installation
- activated Gallery-Remote module
- activated WordPress Lightbox Plugin
- have the above requirements fulfilled
- Unzip the archive to
wp-content/plugins of your WordPress installation
- Activate the plugin in the plugins area of your WordPress plugin admin page
- Go to: Options -> WP-Gallery-Remote
- At least set the path to your Gallery installation (=>
main.php) for the Default Gallery
- Use the new WP-GR button in your post/page editor to include albums and images from your Gallery into your posts/pages.
- deactivate WP-Gallery-Remote
- upload files and subfolder of new version to
- activate WP-Gallery-Remote
- Go to Options -> WP-Gallery-Remote and check your settings
All caches will be deleted during an upgrade. So, it might be useful to use the rebuild caches functionality on the options page.
- Deactivate the plugin (album and image caches get deleted; configuration is kept for later re-use)