WordPress Popular Posts is a highly customizable widget that displays the most popular posts on your blog.
- Multi-widget capable. That is, you can have several widgets of WordPress Popular Posts on your blog - each with its own settings!
- Time Range - list those posts of your blog that have been the most popular ones within a specific time range (eg. last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 30 days, etc.)!
- Custom Post-type support. Wanna show other stuff than just posts and pages?
- Display a thumbnail of your posts! (see the FAQ section for technical requirements).
- Use your own layout! Control how your most popular posts are shown on your theme.
- Check the statistics on your most popular posts from wp-admin.
- Shortcode support - use the [wpp] shortcode to showcase your most popular posts on pages, too! For usage and instructions, please refer to the installation section.
- Template tags - Don't feel like using widgets? No problem! You can still embed your most popular entries on your theme using the wpp_get_mostpopular() template tag. Additionally, the wpp_gets_views() template tag allows you to retrieve the views count for a particular post. For usage and instructions, please refer to the installation section.
- Localizable to your own language (See the FAQ section for more info).
- WP-PostRatings support. Show your visitors how your readers are rating your posts!
- Automatic maintenance - WordPress Popular Posts will wipe out from its cache automatically all those posts that have not been viewed more than 30 days from the current date, keeping just the popular ones on the list! This ensures that your cache table will remain as compact as possible! (You can also clear it manually if you like, look here for instructions!).
From version 2.0 and on, WordPress Popular Posts requires WordPress 2.8 at least in order to function correctly. If you're not running WordPress 2.8 (or newer) please use WordPress Popular Posts v.1.5.1 instead.
Also, if you are upgrading from any version prior to WordPress Popular Posts 1.4.6, please update to 1.4.6 first!