Monitors your WordPress installation for added/deleted/changed files. When a change is detected an email alert can be sent to a specified address.
- Monitors file system for added/deleted/changed files
- Sends email when a change is detected
- Administration area alert to notify you of changes in case email is not received
- Ability to monitor files for changes based on file hash, time stamp and/or file size
- Ability to exclude files and directories from scan (for instance if you use a caching system that stores its files within the monitored zone)
- Site URL included in notification email in case plugin is in use on multiple sites
- Ability to run the file checking via an external cron so not to slow down visits to your website and to give greater flexibility over scheduling
- Ability to set file extension to be ignored or only scanned.
- Multisite support.
This plugin is a fork of WordPress File Monitor. This plugin was forked because there seemed to be no further development on the existing plugin and there was no way to contact the original author to ask about taking ownership. WordPress File Monitor Plus has the following improvements over Updates Notifier:
- Completely rewritten from the ground up using best practises for writing WordPress plugins
- Code wrapped in a class so better namespace.
- You can set the cron interval, allowing for more frequent checks.
- Cron can be run externally to allow finer control over when the scan runs.
- No code is inserted into the front end website.
- Allows you to set the 'from address'.
- A couple more configurable options.
- Makes use of the Settings API.
- A number of available hooks and filters for advanced users.
- Active support and development.