Twitter is everywhere. So why not in your WordPress Dashboard? WordPress Dashboard Twitter is a Dashboard Widget that displays Twitter @replies, direct messages, sent messages, Retweets, Friends Timeline and favorites the convenient way within your WordPress Dashboard. WordPress Dashboard Twitter turns your Dashboard into a Twitter client.
The Dashboard widget lets you update your status, send direct messages, follow your mentions and retweets, list direct messages, sent messages, your friends timeline and your favorites in a simple tab interface. All in a single widget. No seperate admin page needed. All the Twitter stuff you need right where you need it.
Developer on Google+ | Developer on Twitter
Looking for more WordPress plugins? Visit http://www.schloebe.de/portfolio/
Note: The plugin requires at least WordPress 2.7 and PHP 5 in order to run. The openSSL module is mandatory, too.
At a glance:
- Twitter OAuth authentication
- Adds a Twitter Client to your WordPress Dashboard only
- Display Mentions, Direct Messages, Sent messages, Retweets, Timeline and Favorites in a tabbed interface
- Reply to a Twitter status or Direct Message from within the Dashboard Widget
- No dedicated page in your WordPress admin panel
- All customization can be done through the Widget’s Configuration
- No impact on your blog’s frontend or other backend pages
- Shortening URLs with wp.gd (new!) or bit.ly
- One-Click-Image-Upload for TwitPic (currently disabled since version 1.0)
- Whenever you check your incoming links or WordPress News in the Dashboard, you can check your Twitter status as well
- German (de_DE) (Thanks to Robert Pfotenhauer ;-))
- Italian (it_IT) (Thanks for contributing italian language goes to Gianni Diurno)
- Danish (da_DK) (Thanks for contributing danish language goes to Georg S. Adamsen)
- French (fr_FR) (Thanks for contributing french language goes to Didier)
- Dutch (nl_NL) (Thanks for contributing dutch language goes to Rene)
- Turkish (tr_TR) (Thanks for contributing turkish language goes to Ömer Faruk Karabulut)
- Swedish (sk_SK) (Thanks for contributing swedish language goes to Branco Radenovich)