Installing is as simple as downloading the file from this site, placing it in your wp-content/plugins directory and activating the plugin. For the more detailed instructions read on.
- Get a Google Analytics account at http://analytics.google.com.
- Download the Web Ninja Google Analytics ZIP file
- Extract the zipfile and place the PHP file in the wp-content/plugins directory of your WordPress installation
- Go to the administration page of your WordPress installation (normally at http://www.yourblog.com/wp-admin)
- Click on the Plugins tab and search for Web Ninja Google Analytics in the list
- Activate the Web Ninja Google Analytics plugin
- You can now find an Web Ninja GA page under Options to set the options of the plug-in
- Be sure to enter in the UA-XXXXXXXX-X number provided by Google Analytics into the plugin or it will not work.
- Wait until Google Analytics updates your reports. Currently it seems like this can take up to 24 hours.
- To activate your Dashboard Widget, in the options screen enter your log in and password that you would normally use for your Google Analytics account.
- Once logged in you may select the Account that the stats will be taken from. (The Dashboard Widget will not appear till you have save the Account option at least once)
Please note that SimpleXML (http://us3.php.net/manual/en/book.simplexml.php) is needed for the stats part of this plugin. It is enabled by default in PHP version 5 but some hosting environments may have it turned off. The plugin will alert you if SimpleXML is not available. You may be able to contact your hosting company to enable this for you. Also, if it is not available the Javascipt insertion of the Google Analytics code will still work. Only your stats will be unavailable through the Dashboard and Post Section.