Quickly and easily search and add interactive maps to your pages and posts with the "Add a Map" button. Designed similar to the familiar "Add Media" button.
Integrate the power of "where" into your pages and posts with interactive maps exposing authoritative content. Designed to bridge the gap between authoritative maps registered with ArcGIS Online and WordPress.
While editing pages or posts, you'll notice the addition of an "Add Map" button next to "Add Media". The Add Map button is designed to provide WordPress users with a more streamlined process for embedding web maps in their pages and posts. While very similar to the Add Media button, Add Map puts millions of interactive maps at the fingertips of bloggers, website creators, media outlets and news organizations. For the first time, millions of WordPress users will be able to seamlessly enhance the information they're communicating with authoritative maps exposing authoritative content from authoritative sources.
The following outlines various features of the Add Map button:
Searching for Maps:
- Search millions of interactive web maps using one or more keywords.
- All public web maps registered with ArcGIS Online that have a name or contain tags matching your keywords will be returned.
- Search results will be displayed in a grid-view showing the name and image of the map.
- Hovering over a map will provide additional details (owner, description, etc.) that will help to inform users on whether or not this map is showcasing the right content.
- A map details link will take you to the ArcGIS Online item details page where a variety of additional information about this map is available.
- Once a map has been selected, the user is presented with a variety of settings that can be configured before the map is embedded.
- Size, Show Zoom Control, Show Scale Bar, Show Legend, Show Description, Show Location Search, Show Basemap Selector, Show "View Larger Map" Link
- Embedded maps are fully interactive, which means that users can zoom in/out and identify features on the map.
- All visible data and capabilities exposed on each map layer are controlled within ArcGIS Online by the map creator.
- For layers with pop-ups enabled, users can click on features to see additional information in a pop-up dialog.
- Additional map controls exposed to the user (scale bar, legend, etc.) are determined on the WordPress side by the map settings.
- For users that want a more robust experience for interacting with the map, they can click the "view larger map" link which will open the web map up in the ArcGIS Online map viewer.
Configure (Pro Version Only)
- After uploading the plugin.
- Click on "Settings" from the menu bar in your admin panel.
- Click the "ArcGIS Online" link to go to the plugin's settings.
- Under the "General Settings" tab, insert your ArcGIS Online URL
- Under the "Account Settings" tab insert your ArcGIS Online Username and ArcGIS Online Password
- Under the "Advanced Settings" tab enter your "Items Summary Page ID". Leave blank if you are unsure.
- Click "Save Changes" button once all chances are finalized.
Go to http://geo-jobe.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to request demos of the Pro Version.
*Support our vision to spread the use of GIS by engaging with our blog at http://mapthis.net