- Security: Better sanitization and validation of shortcode attributes to prevent low-access users from doing naughty things. Props Jacek. PS: This plugin badly needs a rewrite from scratch.
- General: Updates to support new version of jQuery UI that is included in WordPress 3.5. Fixes dialog box not opening.
- Quicktime: Control the background color via a new parameter (
bgcolor) per request.
- Quicktime: Rewrite of the Quicktime parameter functionality. Also a new filter for other plugins to be able to control these parameters.
July 23rd, 2012 (no version bump)
- Localization: Updated Italian translation thanks to Gianni Diurno.
- General: Support SSL (
https://) video URLs. Props Tyrel Kelsey for the bug report.
- FLV: Don't disable the checkbox so that it can be unchecked to hide the message.
- FLV: Only show the admin notice to administrators. It's unlikely anyone else can do anything about it.
The "I should have done this a long time ago but have been neglecting this plugin" release.
- FLV: Don't bundle JW FLV Player with this plugin. It isn't GPL compatible. You'll now need to install it on your own. See this blog post for details.
- YouTube: youtu.be short URL support.
- General: Move SWFObject calls to the footer so
<!--nextpage--> doesn't break this plugin.
- Localization: Added Romanian translation thanks to Web Hosting Geeks.
- DailyMotion: Fix incorrect fallback URL. A slash was missing. Props Sutherland Boswell for [findind the bug]((http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-video-thumbnails-thumnail-not-found-for-dailymotion-videos).
- YouTube: Fix for YouTube playlists. See forum thread for details.
- General: Fix buttons in HTML editor for WordPress 3.3.
October 13th, 2011 (no version bump)
- General: Remove usage of deprecated functions. Thanks ninnypants for reminding me.
- Vimeo: Implement their new
iframe-based embed since they seem to have broken my previous embed method.
- General: Remove potentially buggy SWFObject registration.
- TinyMCE: Re-enable the third button row as not everyone was having issues with it. Default to the first row though.
- Default to less buttons being enabled by default due to not being able to put them on their own line anymore.
- TinyMCE: Trying to inject the buttons onto the third button line completely breaks TinyMCE. Only allow them to be added to the first or second line, and even then they may not show up even then. I have no idea why (I hate TinyMCE) and I frankly don't care at this point (they're going away in v7.0).
- FLV: Fix automatic images and make them work better.
- FLV: Make MP3's stream properly by not setting the image value to the MP3. Props tranified.
- VideoPress: Width/height parameter improvements.
- General: Change default feed link text. Always wrap in paragraph tags regardless. Props andrewpaulbiss.
- General: Fiddle with how settings are created.
- General: SWFObject issue was likely WordPress version related. I'm tired of dealing with older versions of WordPress anyway, not to mention they're insecure. Make VVQ only support WordPress 2.8+. It's for their own good.
- General: Revert SWFObject enqueue hack as it's failing for some users.
- General: Update SWFObject to version 2.2.
- General: Update JW Player to version 4.5.
- Localization: Added Chinese translation thanks to Dreamcolor.
- Localization: Added Spanish translation thanks to Omi.
- General: Fixed an issue with pingback sending failing. The remote XML-RPC would check the referring site (your site) for the ping-to URL and due to an apostrophe in an HTML comment, it'd fail. Very, very weird. Thanks to Robert Windisch of Inpsyde!
- Localization: Added Hungarian translation thanks to jamesb.
- VideoPress: Rebrand everything in the plugin to VideoPress rather than like WordPress.com video.
- Localization: Added Belorussian translation thanks to Fat Cow.
- Localization: Added Brazilian Portuguese translation thanks to Ricardo Martins.
- General: Change
transparent to allow transparency in FLV skins as well as other embeds.
- General: Enable
- FLV: Fix an upgrade bug with custom colors.
- General: Fix broken image URLs. Props marian.
- WordPress.com Video: Added support for WordPress.com Video shortcodes.
- FLV: Reorder Flashvar building to properly allow overriding.
- FLV: New skins.
- General: Pass the non-defaulted attributes (i.e. those directly passed to the shortcode function) to the
- General: Fix bug introduced in v6.1.24 that made it impossible to post multiple videos in one post.
- General: Improvements to avoid object ID collisions.
- Dailymotion: Update preview video as old one was removed.
- YouTube: Add the ability to enable "HD" by default. This does not affect the "HQ" button as I don't know of a way to enable that by default. Also remember that not all videos support HD (few do actually, most only support nothing or HQ).
- YouTube: Changed the default preview video to one that supports HD.
- General: Remove many bundled jQuery UI libraries, Farbtastic, and other items that are now bundled with WordPress.
- General: Code improvements and bugfixes.
- General: Wrap the default feed placeholder text in paragraph tags (the vast majority of people place videos on their own line).
- General: Use a predictable ID for the placeholders and videos rather than a randomly generated one.
- General: PHP notice fixes.
- Localization: Added Danish transation thanks to Georg.
- Localization: Updated Italian translation thanks to Gianni Diurno.
- Quicktime: Added "scale=aspect" setting as apparently it's best to have.
- YouTube: Removed all quality related features/options. YouTube now natively supports a high quality toggle in it's embed allowing the user to toggle (if the video supports it). Haven't found a way to make high quality the default yet though.
- YouTube: Add option to disable the video title and ratings display.
- Veoh: Add support for the new URL format.
- General: Additional styling updates for WordPress 2.7.
- FLV: Support (and detect) RTMP streams. Props axelseaa.
- General: Tweak the redirect that occurs after saving the settings.
- Google Video: Show the fullscreen button by default, add option to disable it.
- YouTube: Remove the new search box by default. Option to enable it is on the settings page.
- General: Fix a PHP parse error that slipped into 6.1.11. Whoops!
- General: Don't hijack the
kml_flashembed shortcode if it's already being processed by other plugin.
- General: Icon for WordPress 2.7.
- General: Translation and notice bugfixes from Laurent Duretz.
- Localization: French translation thanks to Laurent Duretz.
- Localization: Dutch translation thanks to Sypie.
- YouTube: Add support for YouTube's new experimental HD-ish video.
- General: Don't right-position the PayPal button as it covers up the "Help" tab in WordPress 2.7.
- Metacafe: Update regex to match new URL format. Props penalty.
- General: CSS tweak for WordPress 2.7. Probably will need more updating, but I'll wait for 2.7 to be done first.
- YouTube: Remove MP4 option from settings page (you can't seek properly with it it seems), plus it's meant for the iPhone.
- YouTube: Default to low quality videos (what YouTube's standard embed code does). The high quality video "hack" can result in "This video is not available" on certain videos.
- Veoh: Support for a default image in the
[flv] shortcode when using a
.mp4 video file.
- General: Actually remove the
wp_head() check (I failed to do it properly in 6.1.2).
- General: Don't show the binary FTP warning for WordPress 2.7 (the bug should be fixed).
- General: Remove
wp_head() warning for admins. Doesn't work in themes like K2. Plugin's FAQ should cover this.
- General: Add a filter to the shortcode attributes. This means plugins/themes can adjust things like the width automatically.
- Localization: Russian translation thanks to Dennis Bri
- General: Properly hide some images in the admin that are there for pre-loading.
- Vimeo: Fixed embeds. Vimeo apparently doesn't like having
&s in it's embed URLs, so I've switched to using Flashvars.
- Viddler: Decode TinyMCE's
& conversions which were breaking the embeds.
- Flash: Decode TinyMCE's
& conversions which were breaking the embeds.
- YouTube: Can now choose between high quality FLV and high quality MP4 formats.
- FLV: Bundled skins.
- FLV: Improvements on how custom colors are set.
- TinyMCE: Can now choose what line number to display the buttons on.
- TinyMCE: Automatic browser cache breaking when the plugin is (de)activated or the line number is changed.
- General: SWFObject calls moved to bottom of posts rather than theme footer.
- General: Admin notice warning about automatic plugin upgrade breaking SWF files, etc. (ASCII vs. binary).
- General: Ability to set custom feed text via settings page.
- General: Image pre-cache URL fix.
- General: More Localization and translators added to credits page.
- General: Redid admin warning message for users without the head hook.
- Flash: Aliased "kml_flashembed" shortcode and "movie" parameter now used if it's there. This is to support Anarchy Media Player.
- Other various bug fixes.
- Undo formatting applied by
wptexturize() to the URLs of videos. Props to nukerojo for reporting.
- Fix Write -> Page (forgot to hook in)
- Remove FLV notice from WPMU.
- Add help item about the red in YouTube (hovering over icons).
Complete recode literally from scratch (all new code):
- Support for new video sites.
- Settings page greatly expanded.
- Video configuration abilities greatly expanded (colors, etc.)
- YouTube playlists
- And so very, very much more.
- Add the Quicktime and generic video buttons back to TinyMCE for users who prefer them over the native TinyMCE embedder.
- More code changes to try and fix hard-to-reproduce bugs under WordPress 2.5. Thanks to everyone that helped me debug including Maciek.
- Some code to hopefully fix some seemingly random bugs under WordPress 2.5.
- Other minor code improvements.
- Video alignment wasn't working due to the switch to SWFObject. This has been fixed. Props to zerocrash for the bug report.
This is a hotfix version to address WordPress 2.5 plus some bugfixes and such. A minor recode of this plugin is planned to improve it, mainly the video file support.
- Updated to support WordPress 2.5 and it's TinyMCE 3 (required a whole new TinyMCE plugin to be written).
- Switched from UFO to SWFObject for the embedding of Flash video (YouTube, etc.) since UFO is deprecated.
- Update of FLV player SWF file.
- Removed Stage6 due to site shutdown. BBCode usage now displays an error message.
- Replace BBCode with the video in the excerpt.
- Manjor and multiple Stage6 improvements. Props Randy A. for pointing out that it wasn't working in some cases.
- The regex can now be filtered via
vvq_searchpatterns. This means plugins can add in new BBCodes without having to edit the plugin. See plugin source for format.
- Other minor improvements.
- When a custom width is entered into the prompt, use math to suggest a matching height value.
- Support for new Vimeo URL format (no
/clip:XXX). Thanks to texasellis.
- Stage6 support.
- Regex fix for Metacafe.
- The default height for YouTube videos has changed, so plugin updated to match.
- Plugin now parses the code inside text widges, i.e. you can embed videos in your sidebar!
- Missed a regex expression for the international YouTube handling, whoops!
- YouTube.com regional support (uk.youtube.com, etc.)
- WPMU support hopefully
- Support for v2.x (old!) style placeholders
- Updated FLV player file to latest version
- Another attempt at stopping autoplaying self-hosted videos
- Other minor fixes
- Spelling mistake ("video" instead of "vimeo") made the Vimeo button in the rich editor never be hidden. Thanks to giuseppe for pointing it out.
- Buttons weren't working in the rich editor due to a stupid mistake on my part (I forgot to replace some debug code with the correct code). Fixed with thanks to nhdriver4 for pointing it out.
- Forgot to code in FLV file BBCode->HTML (whoops!). Thanks to Jack for pointing this out.
- Due to using the wrong variable on my part, you were unable to change the default width and height of videos. Now fixed and the boxes on the options page actually work.
- You can now opt to have the plugin always prompt you for a width and height. Option configuration via the options page.
- Added support for Vimeo
- Fixed the layering issue with Flash for things like Lightbox. Thanks to timjohns for pointing out that I forgot to handle this. I can't figure out a way to fix it for non-Flash videos though. :(
- Due to WP 2.0.x being old and crappy, it'd add
<br />'s inside
- Fixed title text for buttons in TinyMCE.
- Updated Flash Video Player (FLV player) to v3.7.
- Other various bug fixes that I can't remember.
- Complete recode once again featuring UFO for Flash objects and lots of other stuff. Basically v4.0.0 without all the bugs.
- Once again, completely recoded from the ground up. Too many changes to even begin to list.
- Completely recoded again. This time added a bunch more buttons and switched to regex replacement rather than the stupid method I was using before (woo hoo!).
- Plugin completely recoded in order to make buttons for the WYSIWYG editor.
- Transparency mode parameter set on the Flash. This makes it so that other items (such as menus or positioned items) appear in front of the videos rather than behind them.