This plugin allows you to quickly swap between user accounts in WordPress at the click of a button. You'll be instantly logged out and logged in as your desired user. This is handy for test environments where you regularly log out and in between different accounts, or for adminstrators who need to switch between multiple accounts.
- Switch user: Instantly switch to any user account from the Users screen.
- Switch back: Instantly switch back to your originating account.
- Switch off: Log out of your account but retain the ability to instantly switch back in again.
- It's completely secure (see the Security section below).
- Compatible with WordPress, WordPress Multisite, BuddyPress and bbPress.
- Only users with the ability to edit other users can switch user accounts. By default this is only Administrators on single site installs, and Super Admins on Multisite installs.
- Passwords are not (and cannot be) revealed.
- Uses the cookie authentication system in WordPress when remembering the account(s) you've switched from and when switching back.
- Implements the nonce security system in WordPress, meaning only those who intend to switch users can switch.
- Full support for administration over SSL (if applicable).
- Visit the Users menu in WordPress and you'll see a Switch To link next to each user.
- Click this and you will immediately switch into that user account.
- You can switch back to your originating account via the Switch back link on each dashboard screen or in your profile menu in the WordPress toolbar.
See the FAQ for information about the Switch Off feature.
- العربية (Arabic)
- 中文 (Chinese Simplified)
- Français (French)
- Deutsch (German)
- עִבְרִית (Hebrew)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Lietuvių kalba (Lithuanian)
- فارسی (Persian)
- Polski (Polish)
- Português do Brasil (Brazilian Portuguese)
- Русский (Russian)
- Slovenčina (Slovak)
- Español (Spanish)
Thanks to translations by Hassan Hisham, Tunghsiao Liu, Fx Bénard, Ralph Stenzel, Rami Y, Yusuke Hayasaki, Tommixoft, Amin Ab, Bartosz Arendt, Raphael Mendonça, R J, Max Samael, Eko Ikhyar, and Marcelo Pedra!