Allows a user to associate a photo with their account and for this photo to be displayed in their posts and comments.
- Security issue (credit Ryan Hellyer).
- Fixing major security issue (credit ADVtools SARL).
- Fixed a small bug relating to line 453 changing "home" to "siteurl". Thanks Piotr!
- Added Brazilian Portuguese localization. Thanks gui!
- Added Hungarian localization. Thanks Csaba!
- Added French localization. Thanks Jean-Pierre!
- Now displaying error message if
wp_upload_dir() fails when trying to display a user photo.
- Forcing the uploaded filename to lower-case
- Updated error message to include results for
- Updated error messages to be more helpful (includes the paths in question). This will help debug some of the issues that have been raised on the forums lately.
- First argument to
userphoto_thumbnail() may now just be a user ID or user login name in addition to a user object.
- New "Serve Avatar as Fallback" option; this is disabled by default.
- New boolean function
userphoto_exists($user) which returns true if the user has a photo and false if they do not. Argument
$user may be user object, ID, or login name.
- New option "Override Avatar with User Photo"; disabled by default.
class="photo" by default if no class attribute is supplied
- Fixed issue where thumbnail (and associated usermeta) wasn't being deleted along with the full-size photo (thanks Oliver).
- Now using
wp_upload_dir() to get the basedir for where the userphoto directory will be located.
- Verified that works in WP 2.6; added note explaining what the error message regarding what "image resizing not available" means... namely that the GD module is not installed.
- Added localization for Russian (thanks Kyr!)
- Finally updated the plugin for WP 2.5. Note that it still worked for 2.5, it's just the admin interfaces needed to be updated. Also added
userphoto_thumbnail() template tags.
- Added localization for Polish (thanks Maciej!)
- Fixed issue where incorrect path was being generated for default photo.
wp_mail instead of
mail (Thanks again, Kyle.)
- Ensured that "unapproved" photos are not displayed. (Thanks Kyle.)
- Made minor improvement to security.
print_r() from being called when using
$default_src (thanks David!)
- Allow before and after text to be outputted when there is a user photo.
- Allow attributes to be passed into template tags, including a default SRC value to be used when there is no user photo.
- Added Dutch localization translated by Joep Stender (thanks!)
- Added German localization translated by Robert Harm (thanks!)
- Added support for localization and added Spanish localization translated by Pakus (thanks!)
- Fixed issue where the post author photo was inadvertently used for non-registered comment author photos.
- Improved error message raised when unable to create 'userphoto' directory under /wp-content/uploads/. It now asks about whether write-permissions are set for the directory.
- Improved the plugin activation handler.
- All uploaded images are now explicitly set to chmod 666.
- All functions (and template tags) now are prefixed with "userphoto_"
- Now using
siteurl option instead of
- Fixed the inclusion of the stylesheet for the options page
- When changing the authorization level, all previous users' photos should be automatically approved if they meet the minimum user level
- Include a get_userphoto() and get_userphoto_thumbnail() ?
- Add a management page to allow admins to quickly approve/reject user photos.
- Add option so that when a photo is rejected, the user is notified.
- Restrict image types acceptable?
- Add an option to indicate a default photo to be used when none supplied.
Requires: 3.0.5 or higher
Last Updated: 2012-5-9
Got something to say? Need help?