- Unlimited depth, breadth, and number of photos in library. My gallery has ~24,000 pictures and movies.
- Photos are managed outside of WordPress. Simply update a picture directory and UnGallery sees changes immediately.
- Galleries are searchable. This became very helpful as gallery volume grew to thousands.
- Default and configurable gallery titles
- Galleries can be set to hidden. These do not display in browsing, with access provided via direct link.
- Caching for faster page loads
- MP4 movies browsable within WordPress. Movies are linked and playable within browser.
- Image rotation support for orientation of jpegs with exif data
- Gallery hierarchy breadcrumb links
- Multiple gallery views, thumbnails, browsing navigation buttons, and slideshow.
- Linux on the WordPress server
- PHP 5
- All image sizes including thumbnails, selected image view, movies, and column layout are customizable.
- To display a caption over a gallery, add a file named banner.txt to that directory with the desired text. The file can include plain text or html. If no banner.txt is found, the name of the directory used.
- To mark a gallery hidden, enter a name for hidden galleries on the UnGallery administration page. Any directories you create named "hidden", will not be visible via normal gallery browsing. A direct link may be sent to provide access to hidden galleries.
- You can include UnGallery images in other areas of your WordPress site or other sites by embedding the URL from UnGallery into the external site.
The MIT License
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN