Thumbnail images are not displaying
This plugin uses the TimThumb library to resize post thumbnails. Please review these requirements and troubleshooting tips if you are having problems displaying thumbnails.
- Right click > view image - If an image isn't loading then this is the first thing you should do. 9 times out of 10 it will tell you what the problem is in an easy to read error message.
- JetPack plugin - There is a known conflict between JetPack's "Photon" component, please disable it for compatibility with TimThumb.
- Server requirements - PHP and the GD image library must be installed on your web server. Normally most web servers include them by default.
- Cache permissions - The cache directory
wp-content/plugins/ultimate-posts-widget/cache should be set to 777 or if that doesn't work, you may find 755 is ok.
- Image sizes - TimThumb is configured to only work for images smaller than 1500 x 1500. The plugin and automatically selects the "Large" size from Settings > Media, if it is greater than 1500 x 1500 you will need to reduce the size or modify the configuration in
thumb.php to support larger image sizes.
- Tilde(~) in url - Timthumb has a known issue with this, please use a url without a tilde until a fix is available. Bug report
- Thumbnail images only work with WordPress' native post thumbnail / featured image. Many theme use a custom image field for thumbnails, these are not supported.
Still stuck? See additional troubleshooting tips from the TimThumb author.